• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just bought 48 french military 1 day rations for 430€. Sustenance for my outdoor activities is sorted for the next 2 years. Way cheaper than freeze dried too.

quattro98

Forum Donor
This thread is not helping! I just ordered the Sony from B&H. We still have the original 800, but I always wonder how long it will last. The addition of Dolby Vision is a good thing. It might be the only universal player left on the market.

I alreayd started this week, my old Samsung BluRay player has been having some issues reading discs lately.
I noticed BestBuy has the Sony UBP-X800M2 player on sale for $229 and grabbed one up.
Actually I think they're going out of production and are being blown out.
It's really great disc player, built like a tank at 8.5lbs, tray opens and closes smooth as glass and
it plays most every disc type ever burned. Biggest negative is no front display.
It should take me to the grave in outboard disc players. :)

I hadn't heard of this. We don't have any beryllium speakers. It sounds like they'll still be making foil, but just not in custom gauges.

Probably a few beryllium drivers since materion beryllium foil is kaput, gotta get them before stocks run out

drewdawg999

Already cashed in part of the Christmas fund for a couple items: an SMSL D-6 and a Mod House Argon mk3. I'm extremely pleased with both, and affordable too. Still have like $300 to spend, don't know what it should be or I could just pocket the cash.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks, that looks very tasty.
The winter season changes the menu.

I'd like to highlight the exquisite Dresdner Christstollen, a time-honored pastry. This delectable treat, with its rich history dating back centuries, is synonymous with the Christmas season in the region where we live now. Among the various variations, the almond-infused Christstollen stands out as my particularly delightful choice.

dresdner-mandelstollen_1400.jpg
Just looking at this gives me a sugar fit. It has to be delicious.

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Was eyeballin' a CSS kit during BF... but... couldn't pull the trigger. Might just need to make do with the socks the kids will get me.

TurtlePaul

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I recently bought some pre-loved Revel F206 for my birthday.

I am trying to buy an apartment and once I succeed at that I have thoughts to upgrade the TV between my speakers from a 2006 37” LCD TV to a 48” OLED.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I might snag myself a 4TB SSD, they're cheap as heck at the moment.

Other than that... some Genelec 8030Cs once I manage to sell my old kit. NC500 monoblocks and B&W DM2000s if anyone wants some older-school stuff in their own stockings ;)

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OH, MY MAN!!
In case you need some, i know a guy in Krefeld, Germany. Shipping can be arranged.
I usually strip them to remove nonessentials and put them in my Kajak or backpack. One pack is fine for a day, if you bring some fresh bread.

Booze and curry.
Essentials. Copious amounts of cheap lager and a bucket of vindaloo.
I like this :cool:

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Do you anticipate doing anything fancy, like sequencing heater and B+ power?
Not really. Anti-surge for the heaters, but the whole "cathode stripping" thing is vastly overblown for normal voltages and indirect heaters. I do use regulation extensively.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't celebrate xmas, but my end of the year budget had some extra so got a Torp TC-500 for my Surron LBX....great upgrade, especially with the 38ah battery I have.....yow.

Top Bottom