• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Not considering the price, just the sound quality. which one sounds better, Neumann KH 150+kh7502.2 or Neumann KH420?

sysfc6

Not considering the price, just the sound quality. which one sounds better, Neumann KH 150+kh7502.2 or Neumann KH420 ??
QQ图片20231209151457.jpg
QQ图片20231209151503.jpg

OP
sysfc6

sysfc6

Even the KH420’s won’t be positioned optimally to fight room modes. Only multiple subs can help to even out the low frequency peaks and nulls.

In other words, KH420’s with dual subs is optimal.
420 without subwoofer, which is better, KH 150+kh7502.2 or Neumann KH420?

Zvu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
These kind of questions baffle me.

While i don't know where are you from, if you are willing to throw that amount of money on speakers, shouldn't it be worth it to go to the dealership and listen for yourself ?

If we put presumptions and guesstimate responses from people who never listened it and compared it aside, if you're very lucky you may find 2 or 3 guys who have had the opportunity to make side by side comparison (anything less is worthless because different rooms will sound different).

What will you do if two of them say A is better than B (or vice versa) or if all three say B is better than A ? You'll take their word for it and go buy it online ?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It would also help the forum less cluttered to make one single thread for your buying advice questions instead of starting a new thread for each of them.

Digby

Major Contributor
Not related to your question, but those little kh150s on those massive stands in the middle of the room, makes me realise why so many are not into hi-fi.

BTW if you are considering KH420, why not stretch to JBL M2s?

OP
sysfc6

sysfc6

你在考虑KH
These kind of questions baffle me.

While i don't know where are you from, if you are willing to throw that amount of money on speakers, shouldn't it be worth it to go to the dealership and listen for yourself ?

If we put presumptions and guesstimate responses from people who never listened it and compared it aside, if you're very lucky you may find 2 or 3 guys who have had the opportunity to make side by side comparison (anything less is worthless because different rooms will sound different).

What will you do if two of them say A is better than B (or vice versa) or if all three say B is better than A ? You'll take their word for it and go buy it online ?
Yes, we don't have that much equipment here. I'll defer to your experience and advice.

OP
sysfc6

sysfc6

Not related to your question, but those little kh150s on those massive stands in the middle of the room, makes me realise why so many are not into hi-fi.

BTW if you are considering KH420, why not stretch to JBL M2s?
JBL M2s don't like them, I wouldn't pick them up

Waxx

Major Contributor
A lot depends on the room you're in. The KH150 are very good for close listening, where the KH420 are better from a distance. Both can use help from sub if you want it loud, but the KH420 goes louder than the KH150 and lower, but in a big room, and to fight room modes you better have subs with it anyway.

I think the main consideration needs to be how far are you from your speakers. If it's more than 2m take the KH420, if it's closer take the KH150. And add subs, even if it's only later on when you get the KH420.

OP
sysfc6

sysfc6

A lot depends on the room you're in. The KH150 are very good for close listening, where the KH420 are better from a distance. Both can use help from sub if you want it loud, but the KH420 goes louder than the KH150 and lower, but in a big room, and to fight room modes you better have subs with it anyway.

I think the main consideration needs to be how far are you from your speakers. If it's more than 2m take the KH420, if it's closer take the KH150. And add subs, even if it's only later on when you get the KH420.
Can't a 150+750x2 reach the sound pressure of a 420?

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Your room is the main factor. If you go with the 150 monitor x 750 subs can you place the subs where the measurements indicate they need to be?

In my situation I could only place the subs on the same wall as the monitor. I don't have the freedom to move them around in order to get the best optimization so for ME in my Room I would go with the 420 and EQ the best I could for my main listening position.

Edit: actually I'd go with Genelec 8361a and glm but that's a personal preference.

Top Bottom