• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Topping L70 is just insane.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Mmm... Cannot understand why Amir is testing these TAD speakers and not the L70.

Maybe because a nice pair of TAD speakers is WAY more interesting than yet another boring DAC.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Maybe because a nice pair of TAD speakers is WAY more interesting than yet another boring DAC.
It's not a DAC though.
(edit: obviously a test will come up soonish..)

Last edited:

Mattx

^
And while the USD 20k TAD is interesting, just like a Ferrari review, I think that still many many more people are interested in early reviews of the Topping products as this is stuff many people can actually afford. Even when USD 700 for the E+L70 stack is still something a lot of people have to save up for I guess.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
It'll be golfing panther with gushing praise and high end measurebator graphs. There will be a load of posts , then people will actually get the product. The problems begin and just keep going.
While not every topping item follows this path , seems most do.

bungle

many many more people are interested in early reviews of the Topping products as this is stuff many people can actually afford.
For me it looks like you can test a single Topping product and then draw conclusion from the rest. They are all good in measurements.

AVKS

Though I have no reason or desire to replace my trusty THX 789, I love the design of this.

Bleib

Major Contributor
For me it looks like you can test a single Topping product and then draw conclusion from the rest. They are all good in measurements.
Nah. Pa3 is not pa5 level for instance.

bungle

Nah. Pa3 is not pa5 level for instance.
Both are good for their purposes and recommended here. If you want SOTA Topping, then buy the latest and the most expensive one. You won't hear any difference though, but it may be other features (or sometimes lack of them, which may be seen as pro or con) that set them apart.

okok

internal shows only 4 pieces 6120 chips, don't get cheated...

4x 6120 or 4x6182 like a50s, a50s got two ths6182

kiyu

internal shows only 4 pieces 6120 chips, don't get cheated...

4x 6120 or 4x6182 like a50s, a50s got two ths6182
hope nobody get this wrong but..S
Sabaj a20h also has 4 6120 and also have relays for the volume, not the same power, probably it won't measure as well, no pre amp.. but cost 1/3 of the price,
120 vs 350..

okok

a30pro being much much more powerful, looks like a30pro is better and true flagship, even somewhat more powerful than a90d
l70=a90
a30pro def more power than l70/a90

Molina

I don’t really understand the difference between this device and the A90(D).

I don’t care for a DAC and find both devices very similar right? (Apart from the price ;))

Was thinking of buying a A90D to power my studio monitors since my Orion 32 has no hardware volume control and to use as a headphone amp. Both devices tick all the boxes right so why would topping release the L70?

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
Sabaj a20h also has 4 6120 and also have relays for the volume, not the same power, probably it won't measure as well, no pre amp..
Similar in all regards actually. Only the L70 is more sophisticated, better display and aesthetics, inputs outputs, pre, trigger, ...
If all you need is a pure head-amp the L70 might be overkill. But looks matter, too :)

Jimmy

I very much prefer the L70 over the A20h, regardless of price, for me having the headphones connection at the back isn't a great idea to say the least, otherwise, leaving that aside, for the current price the A20h is almost a bargain.

Nordling

I very much prefer the L70 over the A20h, regardless of price, for me having the headphones connection at the back isn't a great idea to say the least, otherwise, leaving that aside, for the current price the A20h is almost a bargain.
I agree. Alse the Sabaj A20h has totally different dimensions (more like a brick) and is difficult to combine with other components in for example a stack.

Veri

Master Contributor
Agreeing with everything. Although for me plugging into the back isn't too bad, I rarely switch headphone ports you see.
And just note, that for singles day A20h is $120.. I paid slightly over 200 for mine and it hasn't let me down yet.. :D

Last edited:

Nordling

About the dimensions: the width of the Topping L70 is 200 mm, while Topping A90(D), Pre90, DX7pro all are 222 mm wide, and the Gustard X16, X18, A18 all are 220 mm wide. i wonder why Topping chose a width of 2 cm smaller. When you stack them, the difference will be visible.

Molina

Trigger out, different display, PRICE.
Well. Sure. Might be just me but I also don’t really care for the 12V trigger feature. And I think I prefer the display of the L70.

You’d think the difference is sound quality then? Guess we have to wait for a review.

Top Bottom