• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Purifi amplifiers coming

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
What is the recommended power supply for max output for these 9040 modules when used as monoblocks?

Dual rail 45V (I.e. providing 45 and -45V). That’s where the “90” in the name comes from.

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Apollon are also doing a single channel amp for 2995 Euro
https://apollonaudio.com/product/purifi-1et9040ba-eigentakt-premium-monoblock-amplifier-pet1200m/

Audiophonics are taking orders for their 1et9040ba two channel amplifier (for 2990!) which seems to use the same slim chassis as their other Purifi & Nilai stereo amps:
I noticed that Apollon say they use the Hypex SMPS1200A400, but that's a 64V supply, which I think is wrong for 1et9040ba.

Nick

I asked Audiophonics, out of curiosity, what they are doing for the input buffer. I hope that they are not reusing their single opamp buffer, because that would not give justice to the 1et9040ba, but I fear that this is exactly what they are doing.

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I dunno, I had the data sheet for several weeks already ;-)
I guess you have friends in the right places. Unfortunately for the rest of us, we have to rely on Purifi to publish them to their web site, which they haven't as of yet done.

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
I guess you have friends in the right places. Unfortunately for the rest of us, we have to rely on Purifi to publish them to their web site, which they haven't as of yet done.

True, but the important data haven’t changed significantly from the picture of the slides presented at the Munich Hi-End. And the pictures ARE in this thread.

welwynnick

Forum Donor
What does it have that is so special ?
Any measurements ?
Measurements might not give much useful information.
If you didn't see it, Amir tested the difference between stock, Sonic Imagery 990ENH and Sparkos Pro SS2590 discrete op-amps in this thread:
The stock TI OPA1612A actually measured the best.

welwynnick

Forum Donor
What is the recommended power supply for max output for these 9040 modules when used as monoblocks?
Audiophonics say they use the Hypex SMPS1200A180, which is a 46V supply.
The spec sheet says +30V to +45V max.
It's low voltage because it's a bridged amp.
The Connex SMPS2000RxE could provide more current. It's only 40V, so less 8 ohm power, but I think Connex offer customisation options.
There are probably some suitable options from Micro Audio, but I'm not sure I want to go there.

Last edited:

Diecastt

New item on Apollonaudio, form 5490 EUR.........
And don't forget prices on their site do not include VAT for EU countries, that is added extra on cart. So total real cost is almost 7,000 Euros and 7,500 for the monoblocks for EU customers

Last edited:

fredoamigo

Forum Donor
And don't forget prices on their site do not include VAT for EU countries, that is added extra on cart. So total real cost is almost 7,000 Euros and 7,500 for the monoblocks for EU customers
I made a simulation "all options" with personalized paint and I arrive at 7,268.40€ for France which corresponds more or less to the price of two AHB2 ;(the price is exactly the same as for the Hypex PNC2k )

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
Apollon are also doing a single channel amp for 2995 Euro
https://apollonaudio.com/product/purifi-1et9040ba-eigentakt-premium-monoblock-amplifier-pet1200m/

Audiophonics are taking orders for their 1et9040ba two channel amplifier (for 2990!) which seems to use the same slim chassis as their other Purifi & Nilai stereo amps:
I noticed that Apollon say they use the Hypex SMPS1200A400, but that's a 64V supply, which I think is wrong for 1et9040ba.

Nick
If I did the calc right given the 2 x 1200 watt@2 Ohm with the given max efficiency of 96% for the amps + PSU ,this case should have the ability to dissipate more than 150 watt.
It certainly does not look like it given the size and the small heatshinks and I don't believe they use active cooling.

(Calcs,here )

welwynnick

Forum Donor
There are several ways of looking at the price.
  • It's not too much to ask for what may be the best amplifier ever made.
  • They will probably sell every one they can make.
  • With limited initial supply, residual values might even go up.
  • Audiophonics are a lot cheaper though, and there will be other options in future.
  • The benefit is probably more in bragging rights than actual audible benefit.
  • There are several other Hypex and Purifi amps that are good enough.
  • You don't even have to buy one at all.

Last edited:

goryu

It really is hard to understand why Purifi, which has long claimed it would be offering its own supplies, is now on the third model in their amp line with no SMPS of their own anywhere in sight.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's coming. Eventually...

Top Bottom