• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Purifi amplifiers coming

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Let's see if NAD, T+A and Lyngdorf also introduce the second Purifi generation with their own PSUs.
It worked very well with the first generation ;)

The not-so-weird thing is that even if Lyngdorf and Purifi have at least one common owner, the PSU design is not going to be licensed by Lyngdorf to Purifi. Putzeys is designing the PSU (at least, the one I held in my hand) and it will be Purifi’s.

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
The certification process usually takes 45 days after the CNY, that if the testing laboratory is not busy.

The SMPS2K certificate will be issued and sent to Dylan.

Thank you.

45 days? Maybe the US is so quick, but in the EU it can be forever.

Sokel

Master Contributor
45 days? Maybe the US is so quick, but in the EU it can be forever.
Certification is Chinese if I understand well,the link that MicroAudio provides returns a Shenzhen address.

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Certification is Chinese if I understand well,the link that MicroAudio provides returns a Shenzhen address.

Glorious, so our jordan friend has an agreement with a chinese factory? That definitely helps manufacturing to scale. I did not know!

Sokel

Master Contributor
Glorious, so our jordan friend has an agreement with a chinese factory? That definitely helps manufacturing to scale. I did not know!
I don't know about that stuff well (other than checking them before buying) so I wouldn't like to spread any BS,that's what I searched for:

Cert.PNG

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
New item on Apollonaudio, form 5490 EUR.........

The case oozes luxury. And the Weiss opamp is something special, with a separate linear supply. I think these are the most premium 1ET9040BA realisations around, and if you are wiling to pay for design, well, they are the way to go (glossy piano black should be something to scream).

But I would guess that a composite amplifier with a properly filtered power supply (think Neurochrome or an adaptation of the circuit from D01 Module Replacement and a Silent Switcher) in a more mundane case would be indistinguishable. I think Buckeye Amps is going that way and I am waiting for BoXem as well. It is nice that there will be choices.

Last edited:

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For the price it's what I expected and it stings a bit.
I'm going to wait for the others to come out with their mono block offers.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, the module in their entry level and lux cases would be enough for me and most customers I guess.

welwynnick

Forum Donor
Apollon are also doing a single channel amp for 2995 Euro
https://apollonaudio.com/product/purifi-1et9040ba-eigentakt-premium-monoblock-amplifier-pet1200m/

Audiophonics are taking orders for their 1et9040ba two channel amplifier (for 2990!) which seems to use the same slim chassis as their other Purifi & Nilai stereo amps:
I noticed that Apollon say they use the Hypex SMPS1200A400, but that's a 64V supply, which I think is wrong for 1et9040ba.

Nick

Last edited:

goryu

Surprising that companies are offering these before Purifi even has the specs posted...

goryu

Hopefully Purifi will post them soon so people can more accurately assess what manufacturers are offering.

Reddoc

What is the recommended power supply for max output for these 9040 modules when used as monoblocks?

Top Bottom