• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need some advice for bookshelf / standing speakers

Phnx123

Hi all,

First post here, and I am really looking for some advice for new speakers for my PC / Home office setup.

Unfortunately, I have pretty bad tinnitus which reacts badly to tinny sounding speakers, along with hyperacusis which means I can't listen at very high volumes due to the pain it causes.

What I am looking for is a set of speakers which wont trigger by tinnitus due to poor quality, but also needs to be good at lower volumes. The PC is located in its own room, (fairly small) but desk and floor space isn't an issue.

I am looking to spend anywhere from around £300-£600 ideally.

I am quite new to looking at speakers and what I need may not be possible, but would appreciate aby advice or suggestions you may have!

Thanks

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi all,

First post here, and I am really looking for some advice for new speakers for my PC / Home office setup.

Unfortunately, I have pretty bad tinnitus which reacts badly to tinny sounding speakers, along with hyperacusis which means I can't listen at very high volumes due to the pain it causes.

What I am looking for is a set of speakers which wont trigger by tinnitus due to poor quality, but also needs to be good at lower volumes. The PC is located in its own room, (fairly small) but desk and floor space isn't an issue.

I am looking to spend anywhere from around £300-£600 ideally.

I am quite new to looking at speakers and what I need may not be possible, but would appreciate aby advice or suggestions you may have!

Thanks
Welcome @Phnx123
A quick aside, there several posters with tinnitus issues and a few treads discussing it and audio. Search Tinnitus and check titles only box for more info. I don't have any desktop speakers or tinnitus so I won't comment further other than to say good luck with fixing both.

Top Bottom