• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need a product suggestion... USB sound card with headphone out

momo7G

I recently built a new pc, the audio output is super hissy for headphone. I am using Presonus HD7 and Audio Technica M60x, both give a very audible hiss when no music is played.

Topping DX3 is very nice and will be an overkill for the things I am using.

Is there a product I can plug in the USB port as DAC and have a headphone out?? Volume control will be great but not necessary.

Thanks for good people in ASR for suggestion.

OP
momo7G

momo7G

Both are awesome:D, but is there something under US$50? As I have no use for that much gain in Fiio K5 and EVGA is not that avaliable in Australia, which is where I live.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A dongle would do it. I'll look for a decent dongle that's been tested here.

AndyLu

Forum Donor
Both are awesome:D, but is there something under US$50? As I have no use for that much gain in Fiio K5 and EVGA is not that avaliable in Australia, which is where I live.

Under US$50 is almost impossible. What you asking for is an external USB DAC/Headphone amplifier. Just Google on 'cheapest portable DAC/headphone amp'. At Amazon I found some cheap SMSL DACS/headphone amps starting at around US$ 70. I don't know about the quality, but I expect it to be better than you have now.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=smsl&s=price-asc-rank&page=2&qid=1587296979&ref=sr_pg_1

Edit:
I stand corrected. I just noticed other members with links to dongles for under US$50.

OP
momo7G

momo7G

A dongle will be good :D but my motherboard only get the square old USB 3.1, @AndyLu I don't need a powerful headphone amp for high impedance phones, so some usb dongle will do I guess

AndyLu

Forum Donor
A dongle will be good :D but my motherboard only get the square old USB 3.1, @AndyLu I don't need a powerful headphone amp for high impedance phones, so some usb dongle will do I guess

I misinterpreted your question. I have edited my answer ;)

You can always buy an adapter (usb c to usb 3 for instance) with a dongle to make it fit. (around US$ 5,-).

Edit: Or buy a dongle with a USB 3 connection of course;) See the answer of Doodski below.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Also check out the
Razer USB Audio Enhancer
google that and see if it's available.

Top Bottom