• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My Sennheiser 598s sound like trash after experiencing Genelec

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They're also uncomfortable to use. It doesn't matter if they are the most comfortable pair, they are still uncomfortable in comparison to having nothing on your head.

I would much rather not sacrifice comfort, in that case, headphones for me, are more of a privacy gadget, only used when i need privacy, if i dont need privacy, then speakers all day everyday
If you don't like having stuff on your head, then you don't. More and less comfortable headphones exist, but at the end of the day they're all clamping on to your ears. Speakers are great too. :)

have you tried IEMs much though? They don't necessarily make much contact aside from your ear.

ekorte

Save up and get a Sennheiser HD800S, then apply EQ to taste. After that you will want to replace your Genelecs. :cool:
There is literally nothing that beats Genelec in audio quality. Well at least higher-end models. Genelec is used in large recording studios and by many professional audio engineers for mixing and mastering music. The very music you listen to, is most likely been mixed using Genelec speakers. I have HD800S, which I'm running with Bryston BHA-1 & BDA 3.14. It's almost 8000€ audio system. My 1200€ Genelec 8320As absolutely obliterate the HD800S in terms of sound quality. It's not even a contest. However, for pure music enjoyment I'd pick my HD800S. The sound from Genelec, while it's highly accurate, is also very dry and boring to listen to. But the Genelecs manage to show me detail in my music that I don't hear with my HD800S.

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is literally nothing that beats Genelec in audio quality. Well at least higher-end models. Genelec is used in large recording studios and by many professional audio engineers for mixing and mastering music. The very music you listen to, is most likely been mixed using Genelec speakers. I have HD800S, which I'm running with Bryston BHA-1 & BDA 3.14. It's almost 8000€ audio system. My 1200€ Genelec 8320As absolutely obliterate the HD800S in terms of sound quality. It's not even a contest. However, for pure music enjoyment I'd pick my HD800S. The sound from Genelec, while it's highly accurate, is also very dry and boring to listen to. But the Genelecs manage to show me detail in my music that I don't hear with my HD800S.
Nothing a little EQ can’t change. But yeah the funny thing about Genelecs is how they present to you detail that even drivers sitting on your ears can’t.

ekorte

Nothing a little EQ can’t change. But yeah the funny thing about Genelecs is how they present to you detail that even drivers sitting on your ears can’t.
Yup, there is a reason Genelecs are so highly sought after by professionals.

Top Bottom