• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My New Album Released Today

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thank you, @acbarn , what a gorgeous sound world! Listening on my Sennheiser HD 660S, on track 3 at the moment, and I'm not sure if these headphones have ever sounded so expansive before! Very wide and beautiful imaging.

OP
Zensō

Zensō

Major Contributor
I use those little buggers for fishing. They work excellent. Use with a heavy float and a 4-5 foot leader and cast it as far out as you can and then sit and wait. For extra effect I use a modded Royal Wulff fly in mostly brown and gray coloration with the cicada on the hook too. That brings in the 5 pounders+. :D

@acbarn that's some tasty music and sounds. I use headphones although I can guess as per how that would sound on a big stereo with the imaging and nature sounds. :D
Ah, the Royal Wulff, what a beauty (though such a pain to tie). I guess the brown/gray one was called the Brown Wulff, though I don’t recall those being regularly available, at least here in Cali where the Adams was the ubiquitous grey/brown dry fly back in the day. Thanks for waking up some old memories. :)

OP
Zensō

Zensō

Major Contributor
Thank you, @acbarn , what a gorgeous sound world! Listening on my Sennheiser HD 660S, on track 3 at the moment, and I'm not sure if these headphones have ever sounded so expansive before! Very wide and beautiful imaging.
Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and I’m glad you enjoyed the album!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah, the Royal Wulff, what a beauty (though such a pain to tie). I guess the brown/gray one was called the Brown Wulff, though I don’t recall those being regularly available, at least here in Cali where the Adams was the ubiquitous grey/brown dry fly back in the day. Thanks for waking up some old memories. :)
I tied flies for ~12 years steady maybe 3-5 days a week. It was a great hobby. I bought a fly rod and broke it within ~15 minutes... So fly fishing was not my thing. I like casting, float fishing and trolling. Ohh and creek fishing with grasshoppers is a blast too.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
I like casting, float fishing and trolling.
:) Nice, good to see. :) ...No base fishing? ;)

I posted some katydids, cicadas, and crickets I recorded on my front porch maybe like 5 years ago. The recording sounds pretty loud. Well a good sound level meter showed 90-95 db so they can be loud.
Reminds me, bad experience at one place I lived. 8th floor, and one house next door, with some sort of pool - "water feature" or something, had a lot of frogs. If crickets and cicadas can be 90-95 dB, then those frogs must've been well over 100. It was really bad, like when you lie down to sleep.

Katji

Major Contributor
Reposted another track...I see you posted the whole album as a set, I'll get to it later. (I like to space them out, couple of hours or a day.)

Noted, Buchla Easel...I know nothing about synths but I heard of Buchla in feaures/interviews with Caterina Barbieri - very interesting musician; classical European music education, modular synths, psychoacoustics and so on. (I'll post a link/article later, maybe interesting to a few people.)

OP
Zensō

Zensō

Major Contributor
I tied flies for ~12 years steady maybe 3-5 days a week. It was a great hobby. I bought a fly rod and broke it within ~15 minutes... So fly fishing was not my thing. I like casting, float fishing and trolling. Ohh and creek fishing withy grasshoppers is a blast too.
That’s a lot of fly tying for not being a fly fisherman!

Funny (but tragic) story about broken fly rods. I managed a fly shop for around 10 years (back in the 90’s) and used to take groups on fly fishing trips. On a trip to Christmas Island (for bonefish) a young couple were among the guests and it was their honeymoon (they met at our local fly fishing club). On the first morning, the husband came into the lodge with four rods and broke all four in the ceiling fan (imagine the graphite shards flying everywhere). This was before ever getting a line wet. Fortunately we had plenty of extra rods, but talk about being embarrassed in front of his new wife. We felt so bad for the guy. They ended up having a good trip in the end.

There’s nothing like a trout slamming a grasshopper on a windy afternoon!

OP
Zensō

Zensō

Major Contributor
Reposted another track...I see you posted the whole album as a set, I'll get to it later. (I like to space them out, couple of hours or a day.)

Noted, Buchla Easel...I know nothing about synths but I heard of Buchla in feaures/interviews with Caterina Barbieri - very interesting musician; classical European music education, modular synths, psychoacoustics and so on. (I'll post a link/article later, maybe interesting to a few people.)
Thanks for the repost!

Catarina Barbieri is amazing. There’s a great video of one of her performances at Ableton Loop on YouTube. Looking forward to checking out the article.

Suzanne Ciani is the master on the Buchla. She worked for Don Buchla early on and went on to be a pioneer in the field. She’s 75 and still performing.

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
:) Nice, good to see. :) ...No base fishing? ;)

Reminds me, bad experience at one place I lived. 8th floor, and one house next door, with some sort of pool - "water feature" or something, had a lot of frogs. If crickets and cicadas can be 90-95 dB, then those frogs must've been well over 100. It was really bad, like when you lie down to sleep.
I am guessing you meant bass fishing. Where I live there are no bass. There are several+ different kinds of trout, northern pike, arctic grayling, sturgeon which we allowed to catch and release, whitefish, suckers, goldeye, walleye, burbot, sauger and perch. I wanted to take up sturgeon fishing in the river although I couldn't find a rod and reel for casting way out ~10-15 ounces and have about 200-300 yards of line on the bobbin/spool. That and I'm not sure if I want to disturb those beasties. I suppose a bait casting rod for surf fishing would suffice if it can handle a large fish. - All the fish in the river are non-edible due to mountain runoff naturally present mercury content.

Katji

Major Contributor
Catarina Barbieri is amazing. There’s great video of one of her performances at Ableton Loop on YouTube. Looking forward to checking out the article.

Suzanne Ciani is the master on the Buchla. She worked for Don Buchla early on and went on to be a pioneer in the field. She’s 75 and still performing.

:D

1643464916478.png

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@acbarn This is going on my DAP in the car just like the previous two albums of yours.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Thanks for indulging me here (yet again).

My new album, The Secret Garden, was released today on Bandcamp and the major streaming services. Stylistically, it’s similar to my prior releases, with jazz-inspired melodic and percussive improvisations layered over ambient soundscapes. Thanks for taking a listen! —Alan

Bandcamp: https://zenso.bandcamp.com/album/the-secret-garden
Have been enjoying your Music all afternoon today. Very relaxing and soothing. I get ambient game vibes or movie soundtracks. Nice work Sir!

OP
Zensō

Zensō

Major Contributor
Have been enjoying your Music all afternoon today. Very relaxing and soothing. I get ambient game vibes or movie soundtracks. Nice work Sir!
Thanks very much, Adam! I’m glad you’re enjoying my music; that completes the circle and makes the effort all the more worthwhile!

pads

Another wonderful addition to my ambient collection, many thanks Zenso!!!

Top Bottom