• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My FX audio DAC-X6 is on the same day as receiving way lower in volume

Mysterybug009

hello, i bought a fx audio dac-x6 today and the volume has become way lower on the same day as purchase. in the morning i used it and i couldnt keep the volume knob on full with my pc volume set to max. now later in the day, my audio from pc is way lower, and volume knob needs to be on full for it to be barely loud. i dont know how this could have happened? is it because i have plugged in the digital optical cable to my tv and kept that and the usb input both plugged in? i was planning on just keeping my headphones plugged in and switching inputs when needed. thanks for your time & help.

OP
M

Mysterybug009

ok so on my pc at least, i noticed that the sound format was in 24 bit 48000hz, when i changed it to 192000hz it got louder as it was before. what will happen with the tv is it defaulting to 48k hz?

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Dude, this piece of hardware is extremely outdated, it was the budget option like 7 years ago. Just forget about it and get something better.

OP
M

Mysterybug009

Dude, this piece of hardware is extremely outdated, it was the budget option like 7 years ago. Just forget about it and get something better.
ah true eh, im too lazy to return it, i dont have a speaker system or anything, and my headphones dont even really get improvement from the dac anyways, ive fixed the problem somehow so the volume is back to being really loud, i just really bought it to plug my headphones into my tv, and bonus i can keep the laptop and tv both plugged in and my headphones plugged and just switch outputs with a little lever.

Top Bottom