• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My first youtube interview... I am famous now!!!

Aerith Gainsborough

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Complex topics at layman's level on Youtube? You are kidding me? Judging by the stuff that appears in forum posts it just doesn't work. Do the hard work and study in an organised manner from the fundamentals up.

See my signature.
Einstein: If you can't describe it simply, you don't understand it well.
Wombat: Or your explanatory skills are deficient.
Honestly? I think amirm could pull it off. Judging by what he writes on the forums, he definitely has the skills to break complex issues down to understandable levels. So, as far as your signature goes, he's got it covered. Keep in mind, he could make different videos for different target audiences. He could e.g.: make a basic introductory series about "Room correction for dummies" and a more advanced one about e.g.: "How to interpret Klippel measurements".

The video format is great for explaining and demonstrating stuff. Far more so than a little text and a few static images. The thought of him playing around with his analyzer while we get to see how the signal/DUT reacts in "real time" while explaining what he does, what he expects and what he gets (and why) is very appealing to me.

The weakness of the video format (for me) is when it is supposed to be a repository of knowledge. Imho, nothing beats text, when I need an answer on the fly and can search through it.

So, the only suggestion I would make, if he really wants to go the YT route, is to link a thread containing a transcript and subsequent discussion to every video, because the YT comment section is awkward to use for that.

Translated phonetically as seMpai...:D
I am sorry, my Japanese skills aren't developed enough (yet, working on it) to get the joke.

deafenears

Forum Donor
No, you won't recognize me in streets anymore. I am already working on my disguise. Shaved my head and got this tatoo:
Netflix has this TV series Lupin, maybe you can get some pointers on how to disguise yourself.

typericey

Could've watched a full length movie instead. But I made the right choice sitting through this one.

@HionHiFi, smart move having a never-done-before celebrity interview to launch your channel. :cool: All the best.

TheNannerpus

Well done interview, I really enjoyed it. This interview proved to me that Amir is very personable, reasonable, and well-spoken. (Not that this wasn't already true, but I had no sense of who Amir is until watching this.)

I think there's more gold to be mined here. The suggestion of more videos is a great idea. How about a question of the week/month series?

HionHiFi

Well done interview, I really enjoyed it. This interview proved to me that Amir is very personable, reasonable, and well-spoken. (Not that this wasn't already true, but I had no sense of who Amir is until watching this.)

I think there's more gold to be mined here. The suggestion of more videos is a great idea. How about a question of the week/month series?
I feel the same way. The question of week/month series would be cool. How would you propose we collect the questions?

TheNannerpus

I feel the same way. The question of week/month series would be cool. How would you propose we collect the questions?

Good question. I'm not very forum-literate, but is @-ing you from any thread a good way for you to collect questions? For example, an interesting conversation is ongoing and someone throws out an @HionHiFi to get your attention. Or make an alt account named @questions, or some such variation, for simplicity's sake.

I suppose a QotW thread, that users submit questions to, might work. But it may be hard to sift through to find the questions if additional discussions take place within that thread.

Hope this helps!

HionHiFi

Good question. I'm not very forum-literate, but is @-ing you from any thread a good way for you to collect questions? For example, an interesting conversation is ongoing and someone throws out an @HionHiFi to get your attention. Or make an alt account named @questions, or some such variation, for simplicity's sake.

I suppose a QotW thread, that users submit questions to, might work. But it may be hard to sift through to find the questions if additional discussions take place within that thread.

Hope this helps!
Let me think on it. I’m not sure this forum would be the right place to house my question of week topics. lol. Housing them on HionHiFi.com, would be a more appropriate place me thinks, once it’s setup. I wouldn’t want to use ASR as a base for questions that aren’t specific to ASR’s mission. Maybe @amirm could chime in here. I’m not able to accurately communicate what I’m thinking on this so I’ll have to get back to you.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Let me think on it. I’m not sure this forum would be the right place to house my question of week topics. lol. Housing them on HionHiFi.com, would be a more appropriate place me thinks, once it’s setup. I wouldn’t want to use ASR as a base for questions that aren’t specific to ASR’s mission. Maybe @amirm could chime in here. I’m not able to accurately communicate what I’m think so I’ll have to think on it a bit more.
People here can already ask me questions here. It is audience we don't reach who watch your videos that we should ask. So you are on the right path.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
People here can already ask me questions here. It is audience we don't reach who watch your videos that we should ask. So you are on the right path.

To reach the maxiumum audience, probably best to keep it to very focused, 10 minute or less videos. A lot of people won't bother watching longer ones.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And add some shots showing items & setups - e.g. the Topping 30, measurement setups etc. that are mentioned

HionHiFi

To reach the maxiumum audience, probably best to keep it to very focused, 10 minute or less videos. A lot of people won't bother watching longer ones.
I agree. After giving it some thought, 3-5 mins would be good enough to answer simple questions, ie. What is Transparency?

The question of week would be nice.

typericey

tjkadar

I thoroughly enjoyed the interview. I wasn't able to watch it all in one go and had to break it up into several viewings. For me, that wasn't a problem at all (timestamps helped). Amir was a great guest. He is the type of person that makes the job of being an interviewer so much easier.

I'm looking forward to the next one.

At some point, when we've exhausted Amir's audio related expertise, he can give us a tour of his garden.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I thoroughly enjoyed the interview. I wasn't able to watch it all in one go and had to break it up into several viewings. For me, that wasn't a problem at all (timestamps helped). Amir was a great guest. He is the type of person that makes the job of being an interviewer so much easier.

I'm looking forward to the next one.

At some point, when we've exhausted Amir's audio related expertise, he can give us a tour of his garden.
...and a tour of his pizza oven too. :D

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
...and a tour of his pizza oven too. :D

From the last cook:
amir pizza.jpg

MrPeabody

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I listened to it on 1.25x-1.5x speed... I'm not much of a YouTube guy, so I don't know if 2 hours is a normal length or not, but that's a long time to watch a video with absolutely no gratuitous nudity.

This could be interpreted as a request ...

Top Bottom