• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My first youtube interview... I am famous now!!!

cistercian

Forum Donor
That video was fun! I live on the east coast and will probably never get to meet Amir in person so
I enjoyed this production very much! I could easily talk for two hours or more so for me it was like meeting
Amir virtually. Thank you both for making this video and best wishes!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Let me give an example of what I might consider a high bar for explicatory colloquy:

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Let me give an example of what I might consider a high bar for explicatory colloquy:

She is putting me to sleep by reading a script....

HionHiFi

Also, look in to Voicemeeter Potato. It acts as a virtual interface and you can set up EQ to your voice before it goes "out". It's free (though, you can donate) and it's a very useful piece of software. :)
Hardisj,
I looked at Voicemeeter Potato and it looks like a useful piece of software. Unfortunately, it does not work on a Mac. I found a similar piece of software called SoundDesk which works on a Mac. In the end however, I don't need either of those pieces of software, because my RME TotalMix FX software has an EQ, Reverb and a few other audio processing bits that will work. I just need to get up to speed on how to use them. Thanks for the suggestion.

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Hardisj,
I looked at Voicemeeter Potato and it looks like a useful piece of software. Unfortunately, it does not work on a Mac. I found a similar piece of software called SoundDesk which works on a Mac. In the end however, I don't need either of those pieces of software, because my RME TotalMix FX software has an EQ, Reverb and a few other audio processing bits that will work. I just need to get up to speed on how to use them. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cool! Just trying to help out. And I appreciate the reply because I *might* get a mac mini at some point to do my editing. My current PC just has too many glitches and stupid errors that cause my workflow to last even longer.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
She is putting me to sleep by reading a script....

She should convince you it's not by Free Will that that occurs.

I gotta go with Ravi Zacharias as equally high, but more understandable and engaging. I think Amir has the same skill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravi_Zacharias

There was a Church lady across the street from me at the old house. She hated Halloween, but for Christmas she'd erect a little Nativity scene in her front yard flanked by Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Reindeer.

TheNannerpus

She should convince you it's not by Free Will that that occurs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravi_Zacharias

There was a Church lady across the street from me at the old house. She hated Halloween, but for Christmas she'd erect a little Nativity scene in her front yard flanked by Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Reindeer.

She sounds open minded.
And I'm aware who Ravi is (may he rest in eternal glory).

This is getting off topic. The focus should be Amir's interview, and how to help Hionhifi create more great content for the cable-lifter crowd, and other science-based people like me. :)

Tks

Major Contributor
Watch the first videos come out, and everyone wonder why an audio scientist with 10's of thousands in audio, somehow at this point has videos with audio recording worse than off of a cellphone.

;)

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I watch her videos all the time. She explains things well and isn't caught up in the "woo" of science.

from my brief viewing, it appears she is not caught up in the findings of science either

HionHiFi

from my brief viewing, it appears she is not caught up in the findings of science either
She's definitely on the skeptical side of science. From watching her speak she has a bone to pick with "the way" scientific findings are presented to the public.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Somehow I find it hard to believe the same Amir is also writing here haha - just the style, not the content.

Nice job getting Amir on a video! That too for almost 2 hours!

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
She's definitely on the skeptical side of science. From watching her speak she has a bone to pick with "the way" scientific findings are presented to the public.

The real problem is that the general public doesn't have the background to assimilate such findings. This is even true of the 30% with an undergraduate degree.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The real problem is that the general public doesn't have the background to assimilate such findings. This is even true of the 30% with an undergraduate degree.
Count me as one. :) All I heard in watching that video was, "that is not free will... but you may think you have free will.... but that is not free will...." :) It was such a monotone continuous set of similar words that I could not latch onto any argument she was making. In sharp contrast, I found Randi's video quite engaging and easy to follow speech. It seemed he was talking to me and not just reading a teleprompter as fast as he could.

Did anyone else have that problem with the first video?

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Her problem is in trying to go from quantum phenomena to something like free will. No verbiage is going to help.

Reactions: Tks

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Count me as one. :) All I heard in watching that video was, "that is not free will... but you may think you have free will.... but that is not free will...." :) It was such a monotone continuous set of similar words that I could not latch onto any argument she was making. In sharp contrast, I found Randi's video quite engaging and easy to follow speech. It seemed he was talking to me and not just reading a teleprompter as fast as he could.

Did anyone else have that problem with the first video?
I too lost my train of thought with her monologue. I lost it at the same point too. The delivery is really lacking.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You mean like Ask Paul (McGowan) on YouTube? :p

Probably get a DMCA takedown. But it would be great for a couple of ASR members to take one of his videos and do a Mystery Science Theater style critique of it as it was playing. Goof at all the bad pseudoaudio science in it.

Top Bottom