• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My Experience in Mexico

Sound12

Forum Donor
  1. Sibelius: Very nice sound when you find the ideal placement.
  2. Buchardt S400: Gave them away.
  3. Klipsh RP 600 M: Nice to start. Gave them to my son.
  4. Sopra 3: Detailed. Analytical. Awesome.
  5. Klipsch Cornwall 4: Great sound, terrible looks and cheaply put together. The veneer started coming off in 2 months. Gave them away to a friend, he had them covered with triplay and likes them a lot.
  6. Pure audio Project:
    1. Classic 15. Good sound in a large high ceiling room. Spotty build quality. Would Not buy again.
    2. Horn Quintet 15. Hulking, immense. Would not buy again.
System:
  1. Hegel 390. Great. Would buy again. (Don't use a TP Link wifi extender when updating software, the amp will freeze. connect directly to the router).
  2. PS Audio BHK-300 mono blocks, Preamp, Power Conditioner and Cables. Would not buy again. PS Cables are expensive, useless, heavy, unyielding and difficult. Read Amir's review on Power conditioner and Cables.
  3. Denafrips Terminator Plus. Would not buy again. Very small indicator lights, Complicated to operate, No remote. When Hooked it in a loop with the Hegel it made no difference. Hegel´s DAC sounds exactly the same. Would not buy again.
  4. Rel 7sx subs (2). Would buy again.Improve sound on all speakers.
  5. Topping Dac. Sounds good. Looks good. Can't hear the difference between it and the terminator. Costs 1/8 as much. Bought it on the recommendation from Amir. Thank You!
  6. Rel 812 subs. Good sound. Very Bad customer service.

I bought a lot of equipment based on reviews and you-tube recommendations. it is really a bad thing that reviewers find almost everything great. They really harm the small guy, should be ashamed of themselves.

I got rid of the Buchardts, PS audio BHK 300s, Audio Power Conditioner and cables.

Last edited:
Top Bottom