• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My endgame plan

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So, got my HE1000 v2 today, and they sound fantastic. For the amp, it works but I have to push it between 85 and 95% in high gain to get a good sound (depending on the track). What do you think? I don't mind pushing the amp to that level but I don't know if it's good enough.

PS: The cables are horrible, honestly I heard about it online but didn't expect that :s It's just cables anyway.
Assuming you're not using EQ at your 85-95% volume, then this means that if you decide to use some EQ it might not go loud enough for you, but if you want to use the headphone at stock (without EQ) then the amp you have (EX5) is already good enough because it's already driving them loud enough according to what you've said.

OP
T

Tricky

Assuming you're not using EQ at your 85-95% volume, then this means that if you decide to use some EQ it might not go loud enough for you, but if you want to use the headphone at stock (without EQ) then the amp you have (EX5) is already good enough because it's already driving them loud enough according to what you've said.
I was using EQ (Oratory with -3.5 at pre-amp) So it's good enough thanks a lot for all the help (to you and everyone that gave insight) :D

Top Bottom