• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music Streaming Advice

Hello,
Need some advice from the professionals, I have a real nice Amp and preamp. All I do is stream music with airplay. Can anyone recommend a Dac,streamer?
‘I didn’t like the Node…budget is$2000 or less…

Last edited:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello! I do have a job which I am paid for, so I suppose that makes me a professional? Not in audio though, hope that is OK.

Check out Wiim Mini and Wiim Pro. If you have a DAC already and are going to connect the digital output of the streamer to a good DAC, they should be great. I assume 3000 is Nepalese Rupees so they might be a bit over your budget though at around US$100-150 range.

OP
S
I have a amp and preamp and speakers… need the dac and streamer…
I don’t work lol

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
+1 on wiim mini for streamer and the topping e30 for DAC into your pre amp.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Both Wiim Mini and Wiim Pro have built in DACs, so you can connect their output to your amp/pre-amp directly. But the built-in DACs do not measure very good I think so you might want to get a separate DAC if that bothers you. I suppose any DAC that measures well would do. If you are not after any specific features, I'd say go for Topping D10s - they are around 13K Nepalese Rupees / US$100. And get a job! :)

Last edited:

gvl

Major Contributor
If you have an old unused PC laying around load Daphile on it and save $ on the streamer. Get iPeng to control Daphile and a Topping D10s for a DAC, all for $100 or so.

Philou

If you have an old unused PC laying around load Daphile on it and save $ on the streamer. Get iPeng to control Daphile and a Topping D10s for a DAC, all for $100 or so.
For my part I found a great mini pc (amazon: ACEMAGICIAN JK06 Mini PC without Fan) for - 200 USD that makes Daphile work with perfect fluidity after installation on the m2 SSD of 0.5 TB and 16 GB of Ram, plus a slot allows you to add an SSD up to 2 TB (2 min to update a base of 1TB)

gvl

Major Contributor
For my part I found a great mini pc (amazon: ACEMAGICIAN JK06 Mini PC without Fan) for - 200 USD that makes Daphile work with perfect fluidity after installation on the m2 SSD of 0.5 TB and 16 GB of Ram, plus a slot allows you to add an SSD up to 2 TB (2 min to update a base of 1TB)

I guess that works too. I settled on a more modest $30 ECS Viva Mini PC from eBay with 4g of Ram and 32Gb flash drive, works great (except WiFi- need to add a compatible adapter but I use Ethernet).

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Actually you can with EQ. Daphile supports convolution filters which is another way to PEQ.
Agreed, but that's nothing to do with streaming. If your streamer is not bit perfect then your starting point for DSP is compromised.
Take your point though, DSP is sensible

Top Bottom