• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music is dead.

mr.k

Dave Grohl: “Billie Eilish Is The Kurt Cobain Of This Generation”

I believe Dave knows what he's talking about ;)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/kidding-billie-eilish-reacts-dave-grohl-comparing-nirvana-2459635

Who is the current Kurt Cobain?
Who is as insanely talented and passionate about music now days?
No artist.
The passion is gone and also the talent.
I don't buy this whole "getting old" theory
When you hear amazing music you are touched by it any age.
I have Deezer and Tidal subscriptions
I'm now more open to new music than I used to be, but nothing makes me feel like wow my mind is blown or makes me cry.

Somafunk

Major Contributor

Andysu

Major Contributor
Richer Sounds provided a demo Techincs LP. I think this should get a ASR headless panther. This is utterly rubbish music! I can't understand a single lyric in all the mumbling and lousy music. At least I gave it a listen and won't be playing it again.

I think the ASR headless panther is too kind. This would get the Cat Litter Box. Yes music is dead today. I prefer classical music by real musicians not some, simon cowell britain's got No talent and No I do not watch that show. So this Technics music gets a NO from me it hurts my ears at mild 68dB. :facepalm::(o_O

15.jpg

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Well almost...
I can't help but feel that older music is just is so much better than all the new stuff being released today in all music genres.
There isn't one modern rock band that even comes close to Radiohead, Nirvana, PJ etc..
No artist that comes close to MJ
No new Bob Dylan, no new Jeff Buckley etc...
Well you get my point.
All new music and artists are just mediocre at best, except in some rare cases (Joanna Newsom, Regina spektor)
Does anyone here feels the same way?

"Tallis is dead, and Music dies." - From Ye Sacred Muses by William Byrd, composed in the year of Our Lord 1585

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1564 was a much better year for music, by 1584 they were only interested in money

You're showing your youth. People in the know all agree that 1560s music is so overrated. The 1540s are where it's really at.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Top Gun, now I can just about now understand the lyrics and the instrumental music is far better as pop music goes.
"Mighty wings" featured on the end credits seems like a fitting way for the end of the movie against an orange dusk sky setting.
"Till I feel the way I want to feel" :cool:
I feel better now that I have eliminated that Technics emo cave singing's trying to learn the art of singing.
Music emo's today is seriously D.O.A. or doa in the studio before it gets mass produced.

16.jpg

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Pah………. back in the day we made our own music by whittling sticks and hitting small children till they made agreeable noises.

Last edited:

Andysu

Major Contributor
Trouble is the emos want be mega rich music singers. I guess they overlooked that once famous they be hiding behind bodyguards, yeah that is the price for making bad music that drives most up the wall.
Did Mozart need bodyguards, Nope, and has made classical music that is timeless.

BinkieHuckerback

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No it was all over after Georgian chant, the invention of polyphony dumbed down music forever.
...I remember the first 'ugh'...such passion, such talent...not one thought about money (which actually hadn't been invented)

weasels

Trouble is the emos want be mega rich music singers. I guess they overlooked that once famous they be hiding behind bodyguards, yeah that is the price for making bad music that drives most up the wall.
Did Mozart need bodyguards, Nope, and has made classical music that is timeless.

I'm sure all of these statements are defensible and evidenced.

Top Bottom