• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MQA via SMSL M500

Samboyz

Hello Guys,

I am very new to this field so this question may sound very stupid to pros down here.

I have Node 2i streamer which i use to listen my HR songs and Tidal which I have Hi FI Subscription. I have ordered a SMSL M500 for listening to MQA songs as Node 21 is not able to stream MQA songs through Tidal. Have asked Bluesound geeks to help me here.

My simple question how to connect SMSL M500 to Bluesound Node 21or viceversa to enjoy MQA from Tidal???

Thanks,

Sam

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello Guys,

I am very new to this field so this question may sound very stupid to pros down here.

I have Node 2i streamer which i use to listen my HR songs and Tidal which I have Hi FI Subscription. I have ordered a SMSL M500 for listening to MQA songs as Node 21 is not able to stream MQA songs through Tidal. Have asked Bluesound geeks to help me here.

My simple question how to connect SMSL M500 to Bluesound Node 21or viceversa to enjoy MQA from Tidal???

Thanks,

Sam
To get the “Full” unfold, you’ll need to use the USB input for which the Bluesound doesn’t have.
computer or dedicated streamer with USB output is needed.
f

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Agree with other posters. You should be getting the full mqa on the node if using the blusound app. You won't get the second fold via the digital outs of the node. I'd cancel that order. Though in practice you wouldnt miss the second fold, you'd be getting 24/96 to the m500 and it's (on paper) a better DAC than the node.

Top Bottom