• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Movies you like but others not !!!

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Since you like this kind of stuff (I do too), about 15 years ago, maybe longer, I watched a late night scifi movie about a heavily muscled white lady, with blonde dreadlocks, alone in the desert. I don't remember much of the plot except that she killed something/someone with a big knife. I've been trying to find it for years. It had a really nice atmosphere.
Nemesis 2: Nebula?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's very funny. Thinking about it makes me want coffee.

I wasn't so keen on Only Lovers Left Alive.

How about In The Soup?
Only Lovers Left Alive has been in my Netflix queue for a while.....In the Soup I don't think I've seen.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The problem is that Mike Myers isn't funny. He's monumentally unfunny. These are exactly the kind of films I love, like the OSS 117 movies, and they have everything going for them except for Mike Myers who's shite.

I'm getting the impression you don't like Mike Myers.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

Reactions: ADU

JSmith

Master Contributor
Meesa not so sure...

Jjportrait.jpg

Phantom-Menace.jpg

JSmith

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
There are fan-edits available that completely cut out Jar Jar from the movie. That's all one needs to know about this character :D.
What the hell. Jar Jar is the best part of that movie. Him and the rest of his tribe.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Jar Jar is the best part of that movie.
I don't think I'd go that far... but I don't dislike his character really. Jar Jar is amusing and fits well into a film that is about when Aniken was a young boy... but the whole movie is generally derided by many SW fans, however I still enjoy the movie as it has it's place. :)

JSmith

thefsb

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Only Lovers Left Alive has been in my Netflix queue for a while.....In the Soup I don't think I've seen.
In the Soup is actually a Alexandre Rockwell movie but it works like a Jarmusch, who has a small part in it.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
highlander was good too
I watched both recently, and I thought the first was less interesting than the second. But the second wouldn't work as well if you hadn't seen the first, if you know what I mean.

OP
daniel_chris

daniel_chris

I watched both recently, and I thought the first was less interesting than the second. But the second wouldn't work very well if you hadn't seen the first.
yeah i agree, 1st was better too but i also like the 2nd part

Top Bottom