• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Movies you like but others not !!!

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
The Limits of Control

This is a strange movie. There is barely any dialog, so you will have to watch and observe to get what is happening. It also very slow. For me, it is like meditation. When this movie finishes, I am in a clam and very relaxed state. Content. It takes a bit in the beginning to slow down enough to go with flow, but once you're in, it's nice. Certainly not a movie for everyone.

I would recommend not to watch the trailer, but to just start.

Last edited:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
The Limits of Control

This is a strange movie. There is barely any dialog, so you will have to watch and observe to get what is happening. It also very slow. For me, it is like meditation. When this movie finishes, I am in a clam and very relaxed state. Content. It takes a bit in the beginning to slow down enough to go with flow, but once you're in, it's nice. Certainly not a movie for everyone.

I would not recommend not to watch the trailer, but to just start.
I'll check this out. I liked Ghost Dog too.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I think maybe we should make it clear whether the movies must be likeable because of actual qualities, or just because they are terrible in a hilarious way.

If the latter can be a qualification, then stuff like Samurai Cop and all the Neil Breen movies definitely make the cut :D

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Death machine (1994) is an technically aweful B movie I really enjoy.

On a personal note kungfu hustle may be the best kungfu film ever made love that film.

I'll see your 'Death Machine' and raise you a 'Hardware' with my favourite track by Public Image Limited:

Robin L

Master Contributor
I suspect this film confused a lot of people, much as "Performance" did when it first appeared. This is a 100% postmodern version of Shakespeare's "Tempest", nearly all voices being John Giulgud [electronically altered, for the most part], everything performed as a Masque instead of a drama or romance. Eyecandy everywhere, meta everywhere:

Robin L

Master Contributor
A lesser known Ed Wood movie. Bela Lugosi has more to do [and seems to be having more fun] in this movie than any of the other Ed Wood films. Unredeemably cheap, which is it's own reward:

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I suspect this film confused a lot of people, much as "Performance" did when it first appeared. This is a 100% postmodern version of Shakespeare's "Tempest", nearly all voices being John Giulgud [electronically altered, for the most part], everything performed as a Masque instead of a drama or romance. Eyecandy everywhere, meta everywhere:

With a score by Michael Nyman. Which reminds me of...

The Draughtsmans Contract
Drowning by Numbers
The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover

and...

Gattaca

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Love Kung Fu Hustle. I don't like everything by Stephen Chow, but that and Shaolin Soccer are really funny.

Since you like this kind of stuff (I do too), about 15 years ago, maybe longer, I watched a late night scifi movie about a heavily muscled white lady, with blonde dreadlocks, alone in the desert. I don't remember much of the plot except that she killed something/someone with a big knife. I've been trying to find it for years. It had a really nice atmosphere.
Doesn't ring a bell i have no idea what that film is sorry.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Doesn't ring a bell i have no idea what that film is sorry.
All good. I've scoured what's felt like 10 movie databases and still nothing.

thefsb

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The odd thing is :
Movies with terrible critics i usually like,
Movies with great critics i usually don't like.
How do you know? Doesn't knowing require paying attention to critics?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The Limits of Control

I would recommend not to watch the trailer, but to just start.
Haven't met a Jarmusch film I didn't like but haven't seen this one yet....

thefsb

Haven't met a Jarmusch film I didn't like but haven't seen this one yet....
It's very funny. Thinking about it makes me want coffee.

I wasn't so keen on Only Lovers Left Alive.

How about In The Soup?

thefsb

91YNHjASr0L._SL1500_.jpg
The problem is that Mike Myers isn't funny. He's monumentally unfunny. These are exactly the kind of films I love, like the OSS 117 movies, and they have everything going for them except for Mike Myers who's shite.

Last edited:
Top Bottom