• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most ridiculous speaker design ever?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
fetch

Goldmund Epilogue Speakers
Minecraft meets loudspeaker design.
Cool.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

chelgrian

Might sound great, if done well. But line arrays tend to look awkward.
Channeling the Infinity Reference standard on the early 80s however I've failed to find a good picture of those.

The thing is line arrays are about directivity control and at concert scale homgenity of SPL across the audience, which is why they are flown and curved and operated in either free air or something large enough to aproximate to free air. I'm not sure I see the reasoning for them in a home sized room.

Yasuo

index.php

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Channeling the Infinity Reference standard on the early 80s however I've failed to find a good picture of those.

The thing is line arrays are about directivity control and at concert scale homgenity of SPL across the audience, which is why they are flown and curved and operated in either free air or something large enough to aproximate to free air. I'm not sure I see the reasoning for them in a home sized room.
Some people swear by them for domestic use.

Top Bottom