• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Starfield Cable

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Starfield seems to be a very sensitive IEM:

Sensitivity122dB/Vrms(@1kHz) Impedance32Ω±15%(@1kHz)

What would be the advantage to moving to a balanced cable for them?

I've started using the Qudelix and I realize that I could get more power from the 2.5mm output...but would I need it? Also, if I go 2.5 then I've got all kinds of limitations to using 3.5mm and 1/4" amplification sources don't I? I don't think there are 2.5mm to 1/4" adaptors are there?

I'm also auditioning an Ikko OH-1 which should use the same cable and is about 112db in sensitivity I believe.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Acerun

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I found that balanced into a Qudelix made a big difference from 3.5... From balanced Qudelix into a desktop probably wouldn't do me any good! ;-)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I found that balanced into a Qudelix made a big difference from 3.5... From balanced Qudelix into a desktop probably wouldn't do me any good! ;-)

Yes, it would have been louder for any volume setting on the Qudelix. Or do you mean it changed the sound ?

raif71

Major Contributor
You shouldnt get any benefit from these balanced. Just louder
I have the starfield and with it balanced cable. Louder is better in the overall experience of handling the volume part of my DAP :)

Top Bottom