• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do you invest money in IEM cables for Design and comfort?

mc.god

Yes. and it's not big deal. Do you use 2.5 often? I think I use 4.4 and 3.5 most of the time.
As said, no, I don't have any 2.5 or 4.4 source at the moment, so the cable is almost unused (connected to the Revonext QT 5 that I use rarely nowadays)

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

As said, no, I don't have any 2.5 or 4.4 source at the moment, so the cable is almost unused (connected to the Revonext QT 5 that I use rarely nowadays)
Oh, I got it wrong!

You mean this one?
The depth of insertion in the form of the iem looks very appropriate. It looks good?
I just wrote a thread because I was wondering what cables other people use, but I think I'm going to have unnecessary consumption while looking at your IEM. OMG =(
:eek:

muza_1

7Hz Zero (original) sells with a 3.5 3 button mic cable, it's not fantastic but it's almost the same that I said fot the Hola (now discontinued), you can order one getting very nice IEM and decent cable you need for less than 30€ (got one as backup mic cable + backup 7Hz Zero :cool: )
I haven't seen the Zero with mic/control, I checked them and ordered one (usb-c) as you said not fantastic but for the price it looks good and the cable is light, I have the Hola and is a really good cable and IEM for the price.

As for the OG Zero, I got it when it came out but it was too bright to me, I gave them to my nephew (he loved them) I figure I will keep the cable and give the IEMs to him with another cable as a replacement (I'm sure he lost them by now).

mc.god

You mean this one?
The depth of insertion in the form of the iem looks very appropriate. It looks good?
I just wrote a thread because I was wondering what cables other people use, but I think I'm going to have unnecessary consumption while looking at your IEM. OMG =(
:eek:

Yes, that ones. I got them some years ago, they have a fun "old school" v-shape FR, paid about 20€ back then and fantastic build quality for the price\times.
Cable was thin and tangly, so swapped with the new ones. Don't know if it "looks good", aesthetics is something I don't bother\understand at all.

I haven't seen the Zero with mic/control, I checked them and ordered one (usb-c) as you said not fantastic but for the price it looks good and the cable is light, I have the Hola and is a really good cable and IEM for the price.

As for the OG Zero, I got it when it came out but it was too bright to me, I gave them to my nephew (he loved them) I figure I will keep the cable and give the IEMs to him with another cable as a replacement (I'm sure he lost them by now).
Be careful, I was talking about 3.5 mic version, not usb version. I remember reading some not really good comments about the usb version, so don't blame on me :)

61fDYhEwEtL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

mc.god

Well, didn't remeber well, at the moment TRN T2 Pro is hooked to the Hola:

IMG20240329182712.jpg

and TRN TC to the Revonext:

IMG20240329182555.jpg

I straightened the ear-hooks on the TC cable using an hair dryer since they where too angled to get a proper fit for me.

I leave the aesthetic judgement to you.

muza_1

Yes, that ones. I got them some years ago, they have a fun "old school" v-shape FR, paid about 20€ back then and fantastic build quality for the price\times.
Cable was thin and tangly, so swapped with the new ones. Don't know if it "looks good", aesthetics is something I don't bother\understand at all.

Be careful, I was talking about 3.5 mic version, not usb version. I remember reading some not really good comments about the usb version, so don't blame on me :)

61fDYhEwEtL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg
I saw that one too but because at times I use IEMs with a phone I'm going to try and see if it's more confortable instead of using a dongle.

MacClintock

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I do. Mostly for getting non-tangling cables, which also comply to my design views. There are many excellent cheap IEMs around, but the cables they come with look and feel mostly horrible. So the cable I use for my 7Hz Salnotes Zero 2 was more expensive than the IEM itself: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004674982458.html. It is hefty and firm, I like it a lot. Nothing crazy expensive, $35. I also like this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000303322570.html for less than $15. What I hate most on cheap cables, besides their flimsiness, are the cheap sliders, or even the absence of them. It is funny, I use the $25 7Hz Zero 2 with a $35 cable and $15 tips, so the IEM amounts only to 1/3 of the total cost.

Last edited:
OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

Nice. The only thing I considered was the limitations of its own performance, its design, and its comfort, as I listen to all IEMs unified in DSP for playback purposes only for one impulse. (Looks comfortable)

I leave the aesthetic judgement to you.
Please upload these IEM+IEM cable pictures often. Reaaly Nice!!!

do. Mostly for getting non-tangling cables, which also comply to my design views. There are many excellent cheap IEMs around, but the cables look and feel horrible. So the cable I use for my 7Hz Salnotes Zero 2 was more expensive than the IEM itself: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004674982458.html. It is hefty and firm, I like it a lot. Nothing crazy expensive, $35. I also like this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000303322570.html for less than $15. What I hate most on cheap cables, besides the flimsiness, are the cheap
Wow. The cable on the first link you attached is completely my style.

Top Bottom