• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monitor Correction: Start with DIPs flat?

voltronic

I have a pair of Kali IN-5 arriving next week, and plan to use REW / EAPO to measure and correct them as I have done with my current KRKs.

The IN-5 has a set of DIP switches to adjust built-in EQ settings for different placements. My monitors will be on stands, but within 0.5 m of the wall behind them.

The chart from Kali indicates an adjustment for this placement, which I assume will be a slight LF shelf cutoff.

My question is, if I am going to correct their response with my own EQ, should I leave all the hardware switches flat?

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a pair of Kali IN-5 arriving next week, and plan to use REW / EAPO to measure and correct them as I have done with my current KRKs.

The IN-5 has a set of DIP switches to adjust built-in EQ settings for different placements. My monitors will be on stands, but within 0.5 m of the wall behind them.

The chart from Kali indicates an adjustment for this placement, which I assume will be a slight LF shelf cutoff.

My question is, if I am going to correct their response with my own EQ, should I leave all the hardware switches flat?
Start with the recommended setting first. Chances are that it is easier to correct since less EQ is required.

OP
voltronic

voltronic

Start with the recommended setting first. Chances are that it is easier to correct since less EQ is required.
Thanks. That thought had crossed my mind, but I wasn't sure.

Top Bottom