• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monitor Audio 100 7G vs KEF R3 Meta

galego100

Hello ,

looking to buy three speakers for my front stage ( LCR) .

I had the previous generation of MA , 100 6G and they are quite good price/quality . I know probably KEF R3 Meta are much better than the MA 7G 100 , but is twice the price...

They are so much better than the MA to justify the price GAP ? 1600€ vs 3000€!!

I have purifi amp connected to AVR Denon 4800 .

OP
G

galego100

Did you check if buying a single speaker could be a thing ? I believe that these products are only packed as a pair.
Some suppliers sell it by unit.. I asked a german store, i will wait their response, and stated here...

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some suppliers sell it by unit..
Many suppliers list their prices per piece, but you can't validate your order unless you add two to the cart (at least regarding bookshelves, for which the packaging is almost always made for a pair).

About your initial question : Unpopular opinion, but AFAIC I would probably pick the Silver 100 7G over the R3 Meta. Definitely not a big fan of UniQ narrower directivity. Yet, I still need to give the new R Metas a listen. But if it was the former R3, I would not hesitate one second between both. ;)

OP
G

galego100

Many suppliers list their prices per piece, but you can't validate your order unless you add two to the cart (at least regarding bookshelves, for which the packaging is almost always made for a pair).

About your initial question : Unpopular opinion, but AFAIC I would probably pick the Silver 100 7G over the R3 Meta. Definitely not a big fan of UniQ narrower directivity. Yet, I still need to give the new R Metas a listen. But if it was the former R3, I would not hesitate one second between both. ;)
The mention prices is for 3 units …

napfkuchen

According to
the R3 with equalization is on par with the R3 Meta. I would try to get used R3s (400-500 EUR per speaker).

Quarden

Hello ,

looking to buy three speakers for my front stage ( LCR) .

I had the previous generation of MA , 100 6G and they are quite good price/quality . I know probably KEF R3 Meta are much better than the MA 7G 100 , but is twice the price...

They are so much better than the MA to justify the price GAP ? 1600€ vs 3000€!!

I have purifi amp connected to AVR Denon 4800 .
KEF R3 Meta for 3000€ ??? They are sold at 2200€ per pair in Europe.

Penelinfi

Could potentially look at monitor gold 100 5g. They should be on sale as I think they may be releasing a 6g soonish.
Directivity won't be as even as a coaxial

OP
G

galego100

KEF R3 Meta for 3000€ ??? They are sold at 2200€ per pair in Europe.
3000€ per three units of META...I´m talking abouty three speakers... But after i talk with some stores, they only sell on pair...

Top Bottom