• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ML333 Remote Control

mcdonalk

I have a Mark Levinson 333 power amplifier. The specification for the remote interface is for an input pulse of positive 3-12DCV for a minimum of 100ms to toggle the unit between active and standby states. An input pulse of much longer duration powers down the amplifier entirely.
This has functioned well for the past 30 years, controlled by a Madrigal preamp that conforms to this specification. Now, however, I am wondering about a newer preamp, or even no preamp at all, instead connecting the DAC, which implements volkume control, directly to the power amp. These days, as many of you are likely aware, the typical 12V remote control link drives a continuous +12VDC when the controller is active, and 0V when it is not.
While I have the skills to breadboard an interface between the standard remote control protocol of a current DAC or preamp and the proprietary control link of the ML333, I have no desire to do so. I would have to purchase some test equipment, and I would prefer an actual product that has undergone some level of compliance testing on equipment other than my own.
Does anyone know of such a protocol adapter exists? My internet searches have not turned up a result. (I would call Mark Levinson, the company, for advice, but they are closed, possibly through next week, and I am awfully curious.

Top Bottom