• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mercedes E63 AMG wagon

HedgeHog

Thanks, this is helpful. I am looking at another '07 E63 AMG that is in Pennsylvania, with an auction closing later this week.

Is this a recurring problem, or was it a manufacturing defect in a certain run of headbolts?

Sorry, probably too late to assist with your decision. I've read it was fixed after 09. May be specific to the M156 for my previous vehicle (E63 may be not be the exact motor...just a bit of a beware but not 100% stay away).

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That's like the hot person you knew in high school that you run into 10 or 20 years later that's done literally nothing but smoke and drink since then.

Also, I always thought the reason that was so considered so unique was it was called a minivan, but was fast. But I'm also not sure how that's a minivan and not an SUV.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
That's like the hot person you knew in high school that you run into 10 or 20 years later that's done literally nothing but smoke and drink since then.
HEY, I resemble that remark. :D

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm not sure I follow this analogy.
It was a nice looking car when new, but particular example has had a pretty rough life and has the wrinkles and scars to show it.

HEY, I resemble that remark. :D
Sal get's it! :p

It's built on a car chassis, not a truck chassis, and is low to the ground. It has no pretension of "off-road" capabilities.

Fewer than 200 were sold in the USA.
We could argue semantics all day, but I'll chose not to. :)
I knew they didn't make very many of them, but that is an exceedingly rare car to spot.

Top Bottom