• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Maxwell vs Sundara

aristofane

I have bought a pair of Sundara a couple weeks ago, I really like them but i will probably have to refound them due to a strange noise in the right earcup.

Also i'm in the returning process of a Magni Heresy that had the gain lever broken due to lack of proper packaging (this is not my lucky month).

So now that i'm in this situation i was thinking about trying a different headphone, I'm new to the hobby and if i have the oppurtinity to trying something new i will happily take it.

330€ of the sundaras and 90e of the amp, i have 400+ bucks of budget and i was thinking about the Audezee Maxwell, I know that close backs and open backs are different breeds but having a really good headphone that i can use on all my devices (desktop/laptop/ipad/android phone) it's really compelling. I dont mind having a cable but obviusly if i have the choice of having something wireless i'm happy to accept it.

But how they compare to the sundaras + heresy, what will i gain/miss? mainly sound-wise

staticV3

Master Contributor
OP
aristofane

aristofane

Can't offer any personal experience with the Maxwell, but it measures awesome and Resolve really liked it, too:

All in all, if you're into wireless, battery-powered audio, the Maxwell seems like a fantastic piece of kit!
I've watched a lot of reviews and everyone is really positive about them, but one thing that i would like to understand better is: the maxwell are good for a wireless headphone or they are really good in general for the price? i think that Zeos said in his review that they are one of the best closed backs in general, especially for the tuning and the price.

Also if someone has both the maxwell and the sundara and can make a comparison i will be really happy.

The battery can be replaced, once it inevitably dies, though you'd have to send it back to Audeze for that.
This is honestly one of my biggest worries, i dont really like to buy stuff that cant be mainteined in the long run, having replaceble batteries and very easily swappable pads is a big plus

Top Bottom