• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master and slave streamer + DSP + dac + amp

OP
Biblob

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Wiring something is no problem. Soldering is no problem. But it's more, what components to use that can be small and capable enough in a small form factor.

Maybe the constraints are too much and should I compromise in one of the variables: processing power, size or in/outputs.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
How many taps do you expect to need to convolution? That basically determines if a hardware DSP is a feasible option or not. Hardware DSP units are usually limited to a few thousand taps. Those tools you now use usually generate many more taps. The question is, do you really need that? Dirac can do with about 1K taps for instance. The SDH has it build in, so possibly that might suit you already?

On Aliexpress you can also buy a 4x100W amp with an ADAU1701 on it. I have no idea if the quality is any good, but it looks nice. 5W SINAD is speced at around only 6* though.

Last edited:
OP
Biblob

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
How many taps do you expect to need to convolution? That basically determines if a hardware DSP is a feasible option or not. Hardware DSP units are usually limited to a few thousand taps. Those tools you now use usually generate many more taps. The question is, do you really need that? Dirac can do with about 1K taps for instance. The SDH has it build in, so possibly that might suit you already?

On Aliexpress you can also buy a 4x100W amp with an ADAU1701 on it. I have no idea if the quality is any good, but it looks nice. 5W SINAD is speced at around only 6* though.
That is a good question. As I want to use DRC, that results in using 65K taps. I don't think extended use of DRC is possible using a Hypex plate amp for example or using a miniDSP product for example. Which I think results in using a Windows or Linux platform with a PC/Pi.

Top Bottom