• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mark Levinson 5909, new ANC wireless cans that advertise use of the Harman curve

Hephaestus

I have not been able to compare them, but since MW75 indeed does not support LDAC I suspect that the audible difference between APTX-HD and LDAC on the ML 5909 to be indicative for the difference between MW75 and ML5909. LDAC definitely beats APTX-HD on the ML5909

Also the FCC filings prove that they definitely come from the same OEM manufacturer but are built to different specs and tuning. Given M&Ds house sound I suspect the MW75 to be a tad less resolving and somewhat more V-shaped... For me enough to stick with the ML5909 and not 'downgrade' to the MW75

And lastly, supposedly the space inside the MW75 earcups is somewhat narrower which could definitely be of influence sound wise and comfortwise...
I ordered MW75 and compared them against my 5909 headphones. The tuning of the two is very different. I dont have an access to headphone measurement rig but I can give a subjective description about MW75.

-Sub bass lacks sensation of power
-mid/upper bass is a bit muddy
-hollow midrange
-too spicy treble

I was so disappointed in MW75´s that I returned them.

Hephaestus

I ordered MW75 and compared them against my 5909 headphones. The tuning of the two is very different. I dont have an access to headphone measurement rig but I can give a subjective description about MW75.

-Sub bass lacks sensation of power
-mid/upper bass is a bit muddy
-hollow midrange
-too spicy treble

I was so disappointed in MW75´s that I returned them.
Finally found measurements for the MW75 and my subjective listening impressions seems to be spot on:

MW75.png

Sub Bass: Roll-off starts around 30Hz
Mid bass & upper bass : .........
Upper midrange: massive suckout
Treble: Nasty spikes

Even though ML5909 and MW75 come from same ODM there is a significant difference in tuning.

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know if the bass setting (neutral/enhanced/attenuated) in the app is active when in wired analog passive mode?

Top Bottom