• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

M-Audio M-Track duo vs Focurite Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen

CalcuttaSada

I have a pair of 5 inch studio monitors, i am trying to get an interface to use balanced TRS connections for audio ( i just need it for music and gaming no input or production work). I might also plugin my HD560s headphones to it.

I found a set of used (secondhand/preowned) Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen and its the same price as a NEW M Audio MTrack duo.

Which do you thing I should consider ? or do you think something else is better in price range of MAudio MTrack duo. I cannot buy in price range of Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen its too expensive for my use case.

Do consider I am from India and all these are imported and we have high import taxes and limited availabilities, so if suggesting other models ggive 2-3 options

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Go with the used 2i2 2nd gen then, it's a substantially better interface.

Note that strictly speaking you can run monitors like that on plain onboard audio as well, although finding a sensibly-constructed 3.5 mm to 2x XLR cable that permits making use of input CMRR can be a bit tricky (what you want is one built like this, just two converging into a stereo 3.5 mm instead of using RCAs of course). Not sure whether a Behringer HD400 would be available locally if required (using one of those with 3.5 mm to TS and TRS to XLR cables would be a traditional fix for ground loop problems).

Top Bottom