• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Getting into measuring audio devices

undeakyetonde

Hello everyone

I have
1) An audio interface - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen (2x 1/4 line level inputs, 2x 1/4 outputs)
2) A phono preamp which I would like to measure - Fluance P10

I'm interested in measuring
1) Frequency response (~=RIAA compliance, specs state +-0.5 dB)
2) Overload margins (headroom) at different frequency ranges
3) Maybe THD?..

Is there a tutorial for newbies? Is this interface good enough to do measurements of phono preamps? What software should I use? How do I turn on inverse RIAA EQ in that software?

My main computer is an ARM Mac and I would prefer to use it, but I also have Windows 11 x64 and Linux x64 setups if needed.

Thanks!

Sokel

Master Contributor
Hello everyone

I have
1) An audio interface - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen (2x 1/4 line level inputs, 2x 1/4 outputs)
2) A phono preamp which I would like to measure - Fluance P10

I'm interested in measuring
1) Frequency response (~=RIAA compliance, specs state +-0.5 dB)
2) Overload margins (headroom) at different frequency ranges
3) Maybe THD?..

Is there a tutorial for newbies? Is this interface good enough to do measurements of phono preamps? What software should I use? How do I turn on inverse RIAA EQ in that software?

My main computer is an ARM Mac and I would prefer to use it, but I also have Windows 11 x64 and Linux x64 setups if needed.

Thanks!
You can use Multitone Analyzer,has everything you described,has great support and it's own thread here and it's free.

Top Bottom