• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf tdai 1120 preamping KEF LS50 Wireless II + Sub?

Hatchery

Hello - First off applogies i did post this in the speaker forum but realised it's probably the wrong place to post as a newbie. (Is there a way to delete a post?)
I'm looking at the Lyngdof 1120 (mainly because of Room Perfect) to use as a Pre-Amp with a pair of KEF LS50 wireless IIs and a KEF KC62 sub.

I know if you are using 1120 as a preamp you cannot also add a sub to the 1120 at the same time, as the line out is in use. However as both the KEF speakers connect a sub can you keep the sub connected to the KEF speaker output, setup with the stock KEF crossover and then used Room Pefect on the whole setup into the Aux of the KEF LS50 wireless II?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Steve356

Hello - First off applogies i did post this in the speaker forum but realised it's probably the wrong place to post as a newbie. (Is there a way to delete a post?)
I'm looking at the Lyngdof 1120 (mainly because of Room Perfect) to use as a Pre-Amp with a pair of KEF LS50 wireless IIs and a KEF KC62 sub.

I know if you are using 1120 as a preamp you cannot also add a sub to the 1120 at the same time, as the line out is in use. However as both the KEF speakers connect a sub can you keep the sub connected to the KEF speaker output, setup with the stock KEF crossover and then used Room Pefect on the whole setup into the Aux of the KEF LS50 wireless II?

Any thoughts appreciated.

I'd recommend that you ask Lyngdorf themselves on this one.

OP
H

Hatchery

:) thanks - yes it is a bit of niche question so yes ill see if they offer any insight.
And thanks yes ill take a look at the product you've mentioned. I think the main reason id be swaing to Room Perfect is it sounded easier to setup and get decent results with for the inexperianced.

GA16SE

I'm wondering why minidsp shd power and not just minidsp shd as the KEF LS50 wireless IIs are active speakers.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm wondering why minidsp shd power and not just minidsp shd as the KEF LS50 wireless IIs are active speakers.
Of course, my mistake, same as Lingdorf 1120 it has an amp too. mindsp and mindsp studio are the correct choices to save some $$

Top Bottom