• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf 2170

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Lyngdorf 2170, a true digital amp or if you prefer 'power dac' ,a complete one box solution that replaces preamp,power amps and dac, and it includes Lyngdorf's 'room perfect' room correction .
http://www.lyngdorf.com/products/tdai-2170

I will set it up this weekend and report !
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Here it is, you get everything with it, a proper mic stand, measuring microphone ,remote control, USB module and this box does everything ,pre amp ,async USB ,dac and power amp.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
With the Async USB module, Euros 3200 inc vat.
Which is pretty reasonable for a one box system, including 'room perfect' room correction .
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
POWER RATING

2 x 170 W @ 4Ohm

INPUTS

2 x Analog Single Ended RCA
2 x Coaxial Digital (≤192kHz / 24 bit)
4 x Optical Digital (≤ 96kHz / 24 bit)

OUTPUTS
1 x Coaxial Digital (96kHz / 24 bit)
1 x Single Ended Analog

OPTIONAL MODULES * HDMI Module with 4 inputs (≤192kHz/24 bit + DSD64 / DSD128), one output / CEC and ARC compatible
* Streaming USB Input Module (≤384kHz/32 bit + DXD / DSD64 / DSD128)
* High-End Analog Input Module (3 Single ended / 1 Balanced)

DIMENSIONS
(H x W x D)
10 x 45 x 36 cm
3.9 x 17.7 x 14.2 in

WEIGHT 8 kg
17.6 lb

Werner

That power supply also is ... the volume control.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
From what you said in 'another' place it is a shame the preamp implementation isn't as well engineered as connecting directly to loudspeakers.
Rather limits it's use to passive loudspeakers only.
Keith.

Werner

The voltage supply to the PWM output stage is controlled by the volume knob over a range of 24dB (i.e. from 0dB to -24dB on the amp's display). Only when a higher attenuation is desired is the digital signal itself reduced (i.e. with nominal loss of resolution).

It is remarkable that this works without any spuriae, glitches or pops. In fact this is the quietest amplifier I have ever encountered.

gryffe

Hi, I have a query about my Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 digital amp. I understand that this amp is sometimes referred to as a Power DAC. That being the case does it make the outboard DAC in my system, which is a Topping D90 redundant? In my setup I have my SoTM SMS 200 network player connected to my Topping DAC by USB cable, and my Topping DAC then has RCA cables output to the analogue input of my Lyngdorf. Is having my Topping DAC in the chain a waste of time and should I just use a direct connection of USB output from my SoTM sms 200 network player to the USB input of my Lyngdorf?
In short I guess my question would be is my Topping DAC adding any benefit to the sound quality of my system?

quattr0

Hi, I have a query about my Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 digital amp. I understand that this amp is sometimes referred to as a Power DAC. That being the case does it make the outboard DAC in my system, which is a Topping D90 redundant? In my setup I have my SoTM SMS 200 network player connected to my Topping DAC by USB cable, and my Topping DAC then has RCA cables output to the analogue input of my Lyngdorf. Is having my Topping DAC in the chain a waste of time and should I just use a direct connection of USB output from my SoTM sms 200 network player to the USB input of my Lyngdorf?
In short I guess my question would be is my Topping DAC adding any benefit to the sound quality of my system?

I assume the 2170 works similarly to 3400...Scroll down this thread...he says that don't use a DAC with Lyngdorf.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/lyngdorf-tdai-3400

You could also email Lyngdorf by using their contact page. They are quick with responding.

Top Bottom