• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for new stereo amp to replace Denon PMA600NE, budget $500.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looking to replace my Denon PMA-600NE that I've had for few years, Denon does great with my old cobbled together setup of 70's RTR speakers, SVS sub and a LP-60. I've done some research around and class D option's like SMSL AL200 seem appealing but they don't have good connectivity options. Any recommendations that'll fit my budget?

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I'm planning on getting a Yamaha AS-501 later this year...I like class D a lot, but now Buckeye's future integrated seems destined for about a $1000 price point, and there's few new pre-amp options to pair with a lower cost class D amp. I believe the Yamaha has SW output that would be similar to Denon's type?

OP
_thelaughingman

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm planning on getting a Yamaha AS-501 later this year...I like class D a lot, but now Buckeye's future integrated seems destined for about a $1000 price point, and there's few new pre-amp options to pair with a lower cost class D amp. I believe the Yamaha has SW output that would be similar to Denon's type?
Yea I made a mistake when purchasing the Denon, I had researched the Yamaha As-501 and balked at it because at the time it was $200 more than the Denon. My Denon has a channel imbalance that is glaringly obvious and makes listening less enjoyable.

Overseas

Major Contributor
Had the same imbalance on my pma 600ne,thought I am crazy... Not good sound anyway.

Try Yamaha or some low cost Aiyima, Fosi, Loxjie.

OP
_thelaughingman

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom