• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

ta240

Major Contributor
I want to stop reading these but I can't. It is like a slow motion train wreck with a sewage truck then crashing into that wreckage and just when you think it is over you see a dumpster that is on fire rolling down a hill towards it.

coonmanx

Still up for now!
I watched this video and was not impressed or persuaded by an old guy sitting in a chair and reading a script. He still comes off as someone who is impersonable and is blaming everyone around him. His best bet now would be to just shut up instead of doubling down and making things worse.

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I watched this video and was not impressed or persuaded by an old guy sitting in a chair and reading a script. He still comes off as someone who is impersonable and is blaming everyone around him. His best bet now would be to just shut up instead of doubling down and making things worse.
Less of the ageism, please.

coonmanx

What kind of copy & paste nonsense is that, they're having a breakdown over there! They just need to stop all communication and wait for Erin's revised review and then make a final comment with regard to the revised review & then just leave it & speak no more about it for all eternity!
Except now it seems he has pivoted to bashing Amir. LOL. He just doesn't get it or understand basic public relations...

Stoutblock

Forum Donor
A scientist walks into a bar. A salesman is peddling expensive scotch while a bookkeeper is serving coffee. Marketing smashes a beer bottle across a counter while the audiophile plays darts in the back. An engineer is passed out in the corner. Everyone else is watching sports on the big screen. The band plays on…

Last edited:

coonmanx

And I'm 67, so less of the ageism, please.
I'm not afraid of being old. I wear it like a badge. The problem with Eric is not so much his age, but his lack of any personality that anyone could find appealing. To me, every time he does another video like this it just makes things worse, not better.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
LOL. I'm 63. I am an old man... I just find the video to be totally unconvincing at all. He looks uncomfortable sitting there reading that script that he wrote...
It does make him look more vulnerable though, which could make people want to support him. But anyway, none of this needed to happen, it's all just been handled so very badly right from the start. Should have just been sensible communication between tester & manufacturer from the word go to ensure all speakers were being setup correctly if they weren't done so in the first place, and no need for animosity or drawn out processes. Once the speaker has been setup properly & then measured then they can make a final comment / accept it & move on. It's been a right old farce!

Emlin

I'm not afraid of being old. I wear it like a badge. The problem with Eric is not so much his age, but his lack of any personality that anyone could find appealing. To me, every time he does another video like this it just makes things worse, not better.
And neither am I afraid of being old, but I am fed up with being dismissed as irrelevant simply because I'm old. I agree with your other points, but he's always been a twat from what I have seen, it's nothing to do with his age.

coonmanx

He just seems out of touch in those videos and not like someone who connects with other people. He is definitely failing the PR battle here. I don't think those videos help in any way, shape or form. Isn't there anyone who can advise him to just stop already?

esl 63

If everyone had QUAD ESL 63 or later models (same...) they would find that they are point sources, pretty much unsensitive to microphone height setting and they are open baffle, so no need for tight feet since there is no box. And no box colorization. And no cone breakup and no phase shift from filters etc etc..
One of the few speakers that reproduces square waves! And on top of that you still have a square wave when you move the microphone. Add to that 10 times less distortion than a typical speaker with voice coils. I should be a sales man for QUAD! Or just keep quiet eating popcorn and listen to Gospel via T....on

Multicore

Major Contributor
Not a measurement in error. But a fraudulent measurement that needed to be addressed.
That's an escalation, isn't it? (I haven't seen the video.) Fraud involves intent to deceive.

It's very confusing. Wasn't it just a day or two ago EA was calling Eric a stand up guy or something like that?

Dinesh Menon

One Erin and an Eric.
What's in a name ??
Both sounds different !!
One is objective about his subject;
Other is subjective about his object.

We audio geeks refer to Erin & ASR
for objects with the best measures.
Both Erin & Amir have illustrious credentials. They've earned our trust.
Best wishes to both of them

Cogito

Less of the ageism, please.
Well, this hobby is dominated by the grey hairs (Like me) and will probably die with them. Noting the gentleman's advanced years seems relevant. :D

JohnBooty

Forum Donor
So, few positives here.

Watching Eric Alexander (Tekton's) video, he mentions that (though he'd prefer not to) he's going to publish measurements for Tekton's speakers henceforth. It's at 13:08 of the video.

This was actually suggested by me in a post earlier today. Little did I know that when I made the post that he already had a video up stating that he was going to do that.

He also says he'll be happy to "fact-check" reviews in the future before publication if you sent him your measurements at 10:56 of the video. We'll see how this plays out in reality but as has previously been discussed here and elsewhere this is how reviews have always kind of worked. As I mentioned previously I reviewed some Micca speakers and this sort of manufacture review process helped me spot a stupid error I'd made. Literally everybody (me, Micca, the tiny handful of people who read my review) benefitted.

It feels like he's maybe backtracking a little and possibly even weaseling around what most people would think of as the definition of "litigation." But if (if! IF!) his future actions match up with his statements in this video then... sounds good to me.

To be clear I'm not defending this guy. He's got work to do to earn back trust. Also I did not care for the Tektons I heard at an audio show in 2019. I'm just saying, I found the video encouraging. Now we'll see if he keeps his word.

Top Bottom