• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KRK RP5 vs Kali LP6 for music listening

hidehide

Hello. I’m planning to get a studio monitor for desktop listening (nearfield). I mainly listen to edm and heavy metal songs and in a small room (1.9m x 2.8m). So mid bass and bass is the most important spectrum of my listening. I have read tons of reviews and learnt that LP6 is a better monitor overall (flatter response and bass reaches lower). And the KRK are more bass boosted and more punches (which may fit my preference more as I need bass and slam and I’m not producing any music)..

Both are similarly priced in my place and I can’t go test any of them in person.

Could you guys please help me out? Thanks.

3125b

Major Contributor
If you don't plan on using a sub, the bigger monitor will be the much better option given your focus. The KRK really struggles with subbass distortion at higher levels.

OP
H

hidehide

If you don't plan on using a sub, the bigger monitor will be the much better option given your focus. The KRK really struggles with subbass distortion at higher levels.
Yes. Not planning to add a sub. The only thing I’m not sure is if LP6 provides the same punch as KRK.. for sure the LP6 goes low (6.5” vs 5”)..

3125b

Major Contributor
The bigger Kali is able to achieve lower THD for a given frequency and SPL. In-room FR should be fixed with EQ anyway.

Sonny1

I’d get the big Kali if you have room. It’s a large speaker and too big for my son’s music mixing desktop setup but the price is right and performer is great for the money. He went with Adam’s and they are surprisingly good sounding as well. They also play much louder than I expected and are very quiet. You can’t go wrong with either.

Top Bottom