• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kali LP6 2nd wave measurements.

PeterNL

Hello, after buying monitor stands (isoAcoustics ISO-200), finally I could set up my Kali LP6 second wave on my ear level. I did also a new measurements using Umik-1 and REW. Room is totally untreated, it is just another room to listen and enjoy the music.
In my other setup I'm using Dirac correction (Wharfedale Linton, Audiophonics Ncore and Dirac PC), so I'am not able to use Dirac in these setup simultaneously (only one license).
I am going to use PEQ (APO equalizer) or something similar. Finding a good target curve will be a long journey.
Here are the measurements:
Kali LP6 2nd wave Left Right VAR smoothing.jpg

Kali db Average and RMS Average.jpg

Kali LP6 second wave RT60.jpg

Kali LP6 second wave Clarity.jpg

Kali R waterfall.jpg

Kali Left waterfall.jpg

Kali ETC.jpg

Kali Step.jpg

Kali distortion.jpg
IMG-20231216-WA0016.jpg

Last edited:
OP
PeterNL

PeterNL

You should really reduce window size for improved accuracy. I have used sub-1 ms for the treble. Piecing together an EQ by frequency range is arguably annoying but I don't see a better way of doing it. MMM or at least averaging multiple measurements is highly recommended as well.
I have also MMM measurements :) and Kali dB Average and RMS Average is "Average" :)

Last edited:
OP
PeterNL

PeterNL

You should really reduce window size for improved accuracy. I have used sub-1 ms for the treble. Piecing together an EQ by frequency range is arguably annoying but I don't see a better way of doing it. MMM or at least averaging multiple measurements is highly recommended as well.
Kali MMM NO smoothing.jpg

My main speakers room curve and EQ looks like that and I like it very much:

MMM Right and Left (1).jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom