• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii THREE versus KII THREE/BXT

dc655321

Major Contributor
This lack of acknowledging history, heritage and legacy is annoying, wouldn’t you agree? Paying homage to previous scientists, researchers and designers is a virtue.

I don't know about Kii, but Martijn Mensink (D&D) often gives credit where due for the design ideas and inspiration he's used - Toole, Geddes, Roy Allison, and others. This is not hard to find.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

tomeh

The Masterstack12 isn’t cardioid, and you knew this already.

Finnish speaker maker Gradient pioneered cardioid radiation decades ago. German Geithain is another well-known name with cardioid design. What strikes me, is how Kii and Dutch&Dutch have been able to draw attention again to this old design idea without talking about the heritage and legacy. What doesn’t surprise me, though, is how you talk about cardioid as if it were invented by Kii and DD.
It happens over and over doesn't it. A Scotsman invented TV and demo'ed it in 1926 but the cheap, available parts to make practical didn't come until much later. Who remembers the pioneers? The GE's Electrohome's, and RCA's are remembered. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Logie_Baird

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
...It happens over and over doesn't it...

Well at least Elon Musk honored Nikola Tesla by naming his electric car company after him.

Honestly, until these fly-by-night modern 'pioneers' in audio, recognize the giants' shoulders they are standing on, I have no time for them or their products.

Honour the true pioneers and by all means refine their work, but don't claim it as your own. It just makes you look even more foolish.

The absolute 'technical' garbage I read on company websites, the way they use absolutes and nebulous descriptions merely show what contempt they really hold their customers in. I couldn't sell high end HiFi gear in this modern age, it would compromise my integrity way too much. I'll stick to real estate... ;)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Well at least Elon Musk honored Nikola Tesla by naming his electric car company after him.

Not sure how Mr Tesla would feel about having his name stolen and slapped on a DC powered car.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
DC batteries. AC induction motors.

Oops, I concede, my ignance.

https://www.quora.com/Do-Tesla-cars-use-AC-or-DC-electric-motors

Oh well, is Musk working on getting rid of the chargers?

1549037107370.png

1925 artist's conception of what Tesla's wireless power transmission system might look like in the future, powering aircraft and lighting the city in the background. --- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wireless_System

maxxevv

Major Contributor
lol ... that would be a task too big even for Elon. He'll probably get squashed by the Illuminati for upsetting their cash cows .. :D

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They are all about adding to the revenue potential of the kii, a one product company that needs a ‘ added value ‘ device.

What’s the profit margin on a pair of kii’s vs the tower? Do we think all those recording engineers who were buying up the kii like it was going out of fashion will be adding this BXT?

Very expensive subwoofers for a speaker we were told did not need subwoofers lol

Own goal.
I think it is just for more SPL at low frequencies. The Kii woofers are quite small so whilst they can be engineered to go down lower than one may expect the power and displacement required top do so will limit how loud they can go at the LF end. Adding a gazillion more drive units can overcome that limitation.
I have Devialet Phantoms and have had them plugged in via a power meter and they take very little power normally but some deep bass and it goes up a lot because of the DSP correction for the small enclosure. They have the piston area of two 8” units btw.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It is a shame they are so expensive, whether it is the extension to the cardioid, or the lower distortion, but the KII/BXT combination is really super.
Best sound I have heard here, if I can sell the Cessaro’s I might get some Beolab 90’s here just to compare.
Keith

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It is a shame they are so expensive, whether it is the extension to the cardioid, or the lower distortion, but the KII/BXT combination is really super.
Best sound I have heard here, if I can sell the Cessaro’s I might get some Beolab 90’s here just to compare.
Keith
What about the lack of floor bounce? Is that clearly audible?

tomeh

The execution of the ideas are superb by Kii Audio and the reason advertising is used is that people generally are sheep. Anyone who wants to do a little searching can find out the real history. You can apply this to whatever you want and it won't change until humans are gone off the planet. No news here. ;-)

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder why they don't just make a one piece floor standing speaker.

Top Bottom