• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Khadas Tone Board help

7441aaron

I’ve read great reviews on this board. Do you just find a case for this and it’s ready to go? Or is there more to it? Also is it compatible with iPad?

August

The Tone Board uses the xu208 as a USB chip and supports UAC 2.0, which should work fine on the iPad, but you may need the Apple Camera Adapter.

OP

7441aaron

I ordered one! Got a project box for it to. Can’t wait to get it! Thanks guys!

wgh52

Hello Folks,

I know this thread is old, but I need help with Khadas Tone 1 board anyway:

Good news:
The board plays music from my PC via USB, seemingly by default.
With an external USB supply the LED lights up, so the DAC seems to be functional as well.

BUT:
My application does not use USB as a source at all, a PC is not connected. I need coax SPDIF (coming from a DSP unit) to be the default source (without somehow switching to it). This somehow does not seem to work, at least there's no output when I connect coax SPDIF and power on the Tone 1 board.

My Questions:
Is my application not possible with the Khadas Tone 1?
What can I do to switch the Tone 1 to coax SPDIF by default? (I could actually live without USB data input, coax would be OK as the only data input!)

Thanks and Regards,
Winfried

Sokel

Master Contributor
Hello Folks,

I know this thread is old, but I need help with Khadas Tone 1 board anyway:

Good news:
The board plays music from my PC via USB, seemingly by default.
With an external USB supply the LED lights up, so the DAC seems to be functional as well.

BUT:
My application does not use USB as a source at all, a PC is not connected. I need coax SPDIF (coming from a DSP unit) to be the default source (without somehow switching to it). This somehow does not seem to work, at least there's no output when I connect coax SPDIF and power on the Tone 1 board.

My Questions:
Is my application not possible with the Khadas Tone 1?
What can I do to switch the Tone 1 to coax SPDIF by default? (I could actually live without USB data input, coax would be OK as the only data input!)

Thanks and Regards,
Winfried
Just tried it with a CDP and works fine (also externally powered by a Salas ).

Normally changes automatically.
Did you try to power it with the SPDIF connected or the other way around?

wgh52

@Sokel
thanks for the hint! I'll have to check again as with a D50s DAC sound from my CDP was OK :oops:
Maybe I need a "better" cable...

Greetings,
Winfried

wgh52

Just to close the/my topic:

The Dig. Out switch of the CDP had muted the SPDIF.
Also, I'm now using an Apogee WydeEye coax cable.
All works fine :)

Kind Regards and thanks,
Winfried

Top Bottom