• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kali IN-8v2 vs LP-8v2

ooheadsoo

Forum Donor
Oh you mean a high pass for the main speakers. That's common in pa subs, I believe. I thought you meant a high pass to prevent over excursion below the port tuning frequency.

Pritaudio

I am comparing the Kali in-8 v2 to dynaudio lyd 48 currently.
yes there seems to be fatigue when listening to the Kali for about 1/2 hour.
yet I much prefer them to the dynaudio.
hopefully I can eq them once I get rew setup.
if the measurements are right, I should be able to eq them without excessive side effects.
I will load them into my rme dac because I don’t want to spend more money on a Minidsp flex. Problem is that rme only supports 5 band eq, and that might not be enough.

the dynaudio are more powerful, and don’t have rumble in the low bass region.
(something the kalis do - but it maybe because I have a refurbished pair ).
but lack clarity and imaging.
plus the Kali can be put at differing positions.
and the Kali sub ws12 is specifically designed for their range of monitors.

Pritaudio

View attachment 271343
Hi there,
After spending more time with my system. Much more time playing with subwoofer. I find that, if the system have subwoofer, I should place them up-side down like this, woofer top, tweeter/mid range bottom . I find the sound is more balance
Perhaps because I'm a short guy. Horizontal orientation + subwoofer , feel like bass boost to me
But I'll keep my recommendation about placing the studio monitor on their (horizontal orientation) if your system don't have any subwoofer

I just get the Kali V2 here. As you can see, I sit real close to subwoofer, feet nearly touch or even wrap around it
Hiss still there, but much much lower volume compare to IN8 . But if I remember correctly , on par with or perhaps lower than 8361A
I set my face right in front of the tweeter , I still don't notice it much, really really small hiss, until I turn my head 90 degree, so my ear in front of it. Then I get my ear backward, it's smaller, smaller, until disappear at about 0.6m or so. So, won't be a problem no more , especially compare to the V1 .

At any rate, I find that I should spend time with them before giving further statement
Any updates on your experience with Kali in-8 v2 and older model or genelecs.

regan

So is there a *significant* audible difference between lp8v2 and in8v2? I tried to look at their spinorama differences but don't understand anything :|

Top Bottom