• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL ENDURANCE RUN

Jim Shaw

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I tried a pair and I like them. Neutral tonality... I'm not a bass-head, nor a high hat worshipper. From a recent FB post by Sean Olive:

1670593307348.png

My experience with the above JBL Endurance, after about 6 hours of use on classical, dialog, and solo pipe organ is that they are bright but not peaky, but the bass is quite weak. My references are AKG371s and ELAC DBR62s. The curves suggest that they are about flat to 20 Hz. If they are, I fail to hear it -- yet I do hear honest bass to ~20 Hz with the AKGs. (Both are driven by the same DAC/HP amp.) Most important, they are not annoying; just not reference-competent. YMMV, but for $20?

Yeah, for $20 I'd be happy they made non-annoying sound.

My experience with the above JBL Endurance, after about 6 hours of use on classical, dialog, and solo pipe organ is that they are bright but not peaky, but the bass is quite weak. My references are AKG371s and ELAC DBR62s. The curves suggest that they are about flat to 20 Hz. If they are, I fail to hear it -- yet I do hear honest bass to ~20 Hz with the AKGs. (Both are driven by the same DAC/HP amp.) Most important, they are not annoying; just not reference-competent. YMMV, but for $20?
maybe they didn't make a seal in your ear. No other explanation seeing this graph.

maybe they didn't make a seal in your ear. No other explanation seeing this graph.
Maybe... though they felt right. I'll keep using them and report any new perceptions.

I have had a pair of these phones for a year now. I like how they sound, and they are pretty comfortable, though after prolonged periods they start to feel a bit stuffy and bothersome (in my case). I actually got some other IEMs in this price range shipping from China right now, like the Moondrop Chu and Tangzu Waner, looking forward to check how they compare. Nice to see it measured.

Race to the bottom?
I tried a pair and I like them. Neutral tonality... I'm not a bass-head, nor a high hat worshipper. From a recent FB post by Sean Olive:

View attachment 248802
Makes you wonder how in the World Harman can obtain this adherence to their own curve @$19.95...

Yet provide you with that
index.php

@ $999...

Someone (lot of people?) is/are definitely sleeping at the wheel, at Harman/Samsung...

Happy holidays!
Peace.

Back
Top Bottom