• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Issues after a Denon Firmware update

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

My trusty miniDSP 2x4HD refused to work... I ordered a new one, it was next day at my Freight Forwarder in the USA.. I will receive it in a month or so, . In the meantime I tried to use my 2 subwoofers with Audyssey...
Turned on the Receiver, it is working but... requested a firmware update. I agreed to it . A few minutes later, it seemed to work. Receiver turns on and plays music but.. now without the miniDSP, I need to recalibrate... OK.
Tried to set the AVR to 2 subwoofer via Remote Control. It won't accept that, seems to accept it via MultQ-X Windows APP.
HDMI output became flaky.. works at time, won't work unless there is a source; IOW choosing a video source, it works but Denon OSD works randomly, since the firmware upgrade, it mostly doesn't work.
On Windows app MultQ-X, Subwoofer levels shows it hears the level of each subwoofers, thus no microphone issues, but once I get to calibrate the speakers.. It shows that it is getting the audio information.. some clicks, then speaker is "not detected", even after loud chirps..

These issues started after the firmware upgrade.
Suggestions? Please and in passing a link to the Denon Firmware page or link to previous firmwares?

Thanks, in advance.

Peace.... not really I am back to headphones at all time :(

OP
F

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A bit late to this thread ...
I had forgotten about it.
Issue was solved after another firmware update from Denon.
Works like a charm... Keeping my finger corssed. A t any rate will purchase soon another Denon AVR, likely 3800 or if priced right, a 4800....

Peace.

Top Bottom