• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is this a MiniDSP EARS in MKBHD’s background?

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
0AA17538-C79F-4C80-A6EB-6D489A983268.jpeg

No headphone band rest and different base.

If he’s getting into measurements, I hope he doesn’t use that (not accurate at all).

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like it is.

jae

Major Contributor
On a side note, I wouldn't listen to any of his audio advice if he's suggesting the Pixel Buds Pro to anyone. Love google phones etc but Samsung Buds2 Pro is so much better.

OP
M

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Love google phones etc but Samsung Buds2 Pro is so much better
He mentioned that he hasn’t heard them yet, but that he liked the sound of the previous one and so he expects the 2 to sound awesome as well.

He recommended it on aspects not only related to sound, such as being a digital assistant. For sound he said it was bass heavy and no EQ features was disappointing, as well as the transparency mode not being as good as Apple’s.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
On a side note, I wouldn't listen to any of his audio advice if he's suggesting the Pixel Buds Pro to anyone. Love google phones etc but Samsung Buds2 Pro is so much better.

He mentioned that he hasn’t heard them yet, but that he liked the sound of the previous one and so he expects the 2 to sound awesome as well.

He recommended it on aspects not only related to sound, such as being a digital assistant. For sound he said it was bass heavy and no EQ features was disappointing, as well as the transparency mode not being as good as Apple’s.
Also, if you're a buyer of these, you are probably using an Android device. Therefore, you could just run Wavelet and EQ these.

Once you're there, what else about the Saumsung Buds is better?

jae

Major Contributor
Also, if you're a buyer of these, you are probably using an Android device. Therefore, you could just run Wavelet and EQ these.

Once you're there, what else about the Saumsung Buds is better?
  • Bluetooth 5.3
  • IPX7
  • Better ANC
  • Better sounding mics/better beam forming for voice calls
  • Option for 24-bit for whatever reason
  • 2 drivers, less IMD?
  • (as a result, smoother treble and upper treble extension, which is not trivial to EQ accurately)
  • Better out of the box sound for a majority of people
Not going to comment on the software side of things since I did not get a chance to use the pixel buds pro with my personal phone. But IMO there is a clear reason why Google has already slashed the MSRP over 25% despite the product only being out 2 months or so- they simply have less to offer than the competition. Personally I don't think giving up all those things is worth saving $50-60 on a product one might use for as long as 3-4 years, even if EQ could improve the sound. Also, with some phones and some older android versions I've found crackling when using Wavelet with some wireless buds, not sure if that's just my phone config. I'm sure there's also a lot of other subjective factors like comfort, style, branding etc. that someone might want to choose the Samsung product over the Pixel one.

Top Bottom