• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Feasibility of measuring headphones down to 0.01% THD

DanWiggins

Audio Company
I had forgotten to share that I had recently been pleased to find that I could measure down to 0.05% THD or less with my in-ear mics: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mez...eadphone-official-thread.959445/post-17743506. Interestingly, the microphones' self-noise could decrease by 10 dB just from resting a hand on my DAC/amp's chassis. And this was before I had learned that you could decrease the noise floor with longer sweeps. I don't yet have an audio interface suitable for measurement averaging. Does anyone know if the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 maintains sample synchronization?
It looks like you're using REW. I believe that will work fine for ASIO based products like the Focusrite, so it should be sample synch'd at least to 96 kHz. ASIO tends to get a bit "less reliable" above that.

Top Bottom