• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is the best Bluetooth Transmitter as good as cables for Spotify?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Hmm, so it does, interesting. How does it work in practice?
Far from great especially as you have to pair directly on a small display of amplifier with a remote (you can't use Musicast app as it won't work if amplifier isn't on the same WiFi network).
Played with it only once or twice and long time ago.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Far from great especially as you have to pair directly on a small display of amplifier with a remote (you can't use Musicast app as it won't work if amplifier isn't on the same WiFi network).
Played with it only once or twice and long time ago.
So it does use the local wifi network?

What I had in mind was the phone and the amp communicating over Wi-Fi without any wifi network available / used.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
So it does use the local wifi network?

What I had in mind was the phone and the amp communicating over Wi-Fi without any wifi network available / used.
No, app which is meant to work only over WiFi rooter doesn't work (obviously) when you need to have WiFi direct connection to let's say phone so you can't use it. You have to contact them directly using a classical remote controler and with a small in built display on streamer/amplifier which ain't fun doing. I guess same goes for not NFC pairing BT DAC's and such. I really didn't used it more than to satisfy my curiosity and same goes for BT. Why would I? Even my phone has built in DLNA server and after all it whose a WiFi streamer for most services and it whose much more fun accessing all that combined trough app. But fun is fun and done is done. I much more appropriate very good loudness balance (EBU R128) between input sources and materials, equal loudness normalisation across main speaker and sub's (ISO 226 2003), very good DSP (64 bit FP) which ain't limited with number of PEQ's or effects, better volume controls (again 64 bit FP) and centralised one and all that without much lag so it's open box (PC with multichannel interface) for me with good old cables as they never made closed one and even less cable free that can do that.
But I do use smartphone remote WiFi app (over local WiFi network) for local content (which I mostly use) and to turn the system on or tell it when to come off for obvious benefits that brings (better display, more convenient and better to use one or two apps that cuple of remotes).

Last edited:
Top Bottom