• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking to add Bluetooth to my setup but not lose the hardwired audio

comicbookdb

Hi everyone, I'm new to a lot of this so I'm trying to figure out the best solution here. First my setup:

Pro ject turntable connects to a MicroPhono preamp which connects to a DaytonAudio amp which connects to Polk speakers, all wired.

This is all in my office where the record collection resides. Normally all good but with the holiday season starting, my wife wants to be able to tune into listening to Christmas music that I'm playing through her Bluetooth headphones.

Nothing in my setup has Bluetooth broadcasting capabilities. Is there some sort of a transmitter that I can add to the system that would allow her to hear the music I'm playing via her headphones but not prevent me from hearing it through the speakers in my office?

Hoping someone has done this before!

Thanks!

Nordling

Hi there! I just read your question. You're right, you need a Bluetooth transmitter of some sort. But you also have to transport the sound from your system to the Bluetooth transmitter because the wireless range is limited (10 meters?). There's a ton of possibilities to do this, but here's one possibility to do it: use a WIIM Pro (Plus) to transmit via Bluetooth. Depending on the distance from your office to the room of your wife, you might use a long optical Toslink cable or you can use a second WIIM Pro (Plus) to transfer the music to the first one I mentioned. I realize this is not the cheapest solution but you might get some ideas for how to do it.

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is this what you are looking for?

I've got that one for use on planes that have screens and only wired headphone output to transmit to my Bluetooth headphones. It works fine. My only complaint is that with no screen to interact with the setup seems strange compared to what I'm used to, there's no positive feedback that you've connected them to the receiving end. I didn't think it was connecting, then I tried the headphones and it was connected. The quantitative performance is probably just ok, but for me it's fine for my use case and I can't imagine it wouldn't be OK for your use case.

There are many products and I'm sure that many of them will work fine.

Kimbrough Xu

Hi everyone, I'm new to a lot of this so I'm trying to figure out the best solution here. First my setup:

Pro ject turntable connects to a MicroPhono preamp which connects to a DaytonAudio amp which connects to Polk speakers, all wired.

This is all in my office where the record collection resides. Normally all good but with the holiday season starting, my wife wants to be able to tune into listening to Christmas music that I'm playing through her Bluetooth headphones.

Nothing in my setup has Bluetooth broadcasting capabilities. Is there some sort of a transmitter that I can add to the system that would allow her to hear the music I'm playing via her headphones but not prevent me from hearing it through the speakers in my office?

Hoping someone has done this before!

Thanks!
What you need is a bluetooth receiver I guess, but not a transmitter.

Top Bottom