• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Iphone to topping e30

Tonyjspr9

Can you mirror (airplay) that hi-def signal to Apple TV?
No. When I airplay a hi-def song via Amazon Music HD the app states it only playing in standard def via the opus codec. That is using airplay to a Apple TV 4K.

Last edited:

Zman

No. When I airplay a hi-def song via Amazon Music HD the app states it only playing in standard def via the opus codec. That is using airplay to a Apple TV 4K.
To add to my previous reply, the Amazon app states the codec is flac.

Tonyjspr9

Attachments

• 6E6A41D2-8CD4-4B58-9827-B9042368EFEB.png
    6E6A41D2-8CD4-4B58-9827-B9042368EFEB.png
    897.2 KB · Views: 226

Tonyjspr9

Attached is what the amazon app shows when using the USB camera 3 adapter. It does show FLAC for me than.

Attachments

• B799729B-D76A-4E7D-B131-9B6B5FD075A1.png
    B799729B-D76A-4E7D-B131-9B6B5FD075A1.png
    611.7 KB · Views: 190

sjeesjie

When I first got my topping and connected my iPhone to it, I thought it wasn’t working too. I just had to bring the volume of my phone way up high!

leres

I tried a Apple lightning/USB3 camera adapter with an iPhone X and a E30 and it showed 44.1 kHz but did not render audio. What I've been doing instead is to use a Reiyin DA-02 USB DAC. This is a neat device because with a toslink mini cable it outputs raw audio which I can plug it into the E30 via the optical input. I've found the DA-03 (USB-C version) also works (with a USB-C to USB adapter).

Hayashi

Did you get it to work? I've recently added a Raspberry Pi into my set up, running Volumio. This might be worth considering. It allows you to run things independently from your phone but still control things easily.

To be honest I set it up because it interested me, but it does provide a greater flexibility than usb connection.
---
How do you setup the Raspberry Pi as media source? Is there a step by step instruction? Sorry, to ask such a blunt question. I am total new comer into Ras Pi. I am thinking to get a Ras Pi but i want to know-how before i purchase them.

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
---
How do you setup the Raspberry Pi as media source? Is there a step by step instruction? Sorry, to ask such a blunt question. I am total new comer into Ras Pi. I am thinking to get a Ras Pi but i want to know-how before i purchase them.
I use Moode Audio and Volumio on two different RPis. There are plenty of other software options to choose from.

Below are a couple of links that are helpful:

Set up instructions can be found at https://moodeaudio.org/

The instructions don't give info on image writing utilities, but I uses balenaEtcher https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Basically you'll need:
1. An RPi. I would recommend and RPi4 2GB.
2. A case. I use this this case. You can buy a cheaper case. You don't need a fan if you're running an RPi as a network streamer.
3. A power supply. The stanard RPi power supply for your location is sufficient.

You can connect your RPi to your DAC via USB.

How you use the RPi depends on what you're streaming. Are you streaming local files or using a streaming service (e.g. Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal), or both?

Hayashi

I use Moode Audio and Volumio on two different RPis. There are plenty of other software options to choose from.

Below are a couple of links that are helpful:

Set up instructions can be found at https://moodeaudio.org/

The instructions don't give info on image writing utilities, but I uses balenaEtcher https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Basically you'll need:
1. An RPi. I would recommend and RPi4 2GB.
2. A case. I use this this case. You can buy a cheaper case. You don't need a fan if you're running an RPi as a network streamer.
3. A power supply. The stanard RPi power supply for your location is sufficient.

You can connect your RPi to your DAC via USB.

How you use the RPi depends on what you're streaming. Are you streaming local files or using a streaming service (e.g. Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal), or both?
Thx a lot.. awesome! I plan to use both local files for hi res DSD and streaming ease of use.

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thx a lot.. awesome! I plan to use both local files for hi res DSD and streaming ease of use.
If you end up using Moode and want to stream Tidal or Qobuz then you'll need to set up the RPi as a UPnP renderer. You'd then need a 3rd party app on phone/tablet. I currently use Bubble UPnP, bur Mconnect is also good. If you're using Spotify you don't need a 3rd party app as Moode works with Spotify Connect.

Hayashi

If you end up using Moode and want to stream Tidal or Qobuz then you'll need to set up the RPi as a UPnP renderer. You'd then need a 3rd party app on phone/tablet. I currently use Bubble UPnP, bur Mconnect is also good. If you're using Spotify you don't need a 3rd party app as Moode works with Spotify Connect.
Thc for the add on. RPi 4 booked .. waiting for arrival and will need all the expert advise later.

NonOlet

Hi guys.
I’m using an iphone 12 and connected it to my e30 with lightning to usb-b cable(midi cable?).
But the e30’s display shows nothing except —-, and my iphone does not recognize anything.
Could anyone tell me what is the problem here?
Will it be e30? Or the cable?
My e30 works fine connected to a pc(with a different usb b to a cable).

threni

Major Contributor
Hi guys.
I’m using an iphone 12 and connected it to my e30 with lightning to usb-b cable(midi cable?).
But the e30’s display shows nothing except —-, and my iphone does not recognize anything.
Could anyone tell me what is the problem here?
Will it be e30? Or the cable?
My e30 works fine connected to a pc(with a different usb b to a cable).
I assume you've used the remote and cycled through the inputs? Dunno much about Apple stuff; are you playing music at the time, and do you have the option to select a target output device?

NonOlet

I assume you've used the remote and cycled through the inputs? Dunno much about Apple stuff; are you playing music at the time, and do you have the option to select a target output device?
I just switched the usb cable I was using to connect to my desktop(usb b to a) to another cable(usb b to lightning).
E30’s display says xxx khz when connected to the desktop and when I use the midi cable to iphone, it goes - - -.
And for the iphone, I do not know what I should expect to see when I successfuly connect e30 to it because I have never done it right...

Top Bottom