• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Iphone to topping e30

I have just got my topping e30/l30 and im looking at source options, one of which is my iphone xr. I have a apple camera adaptor thats connetected to the supplied usb cable but getting no sound. Trying to stream spotify and tidal. The e30 does briefly flash 44.1 on connention.

Thoughts?

Strato007

Seems that E30 doesn’t support iOS devices... I am using Android with UAPP app

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Hi the e30 should do with its xmos usb chip.
Unfortunately the the xmos site seems to be down (error 505).
It may be a cable issue causing the problem. Something like this might help https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PDXG2N6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_s6ZlFbHCRX09N
It's lighting to usb B and states it works with audio dacs.
It could also be a software issue. My android devices didn't want connect to my xmos dac until I installed a decent USB audio application (onkyo hf, USB player Pro) so maybe try that.

OP
K
It looks like it works with the apple camera adaptor.
For some reason know not to me you need to connect the iphone while the dac/amp are turned off. Once connected turn the dac /amp on and away you go....assuming you can get the janky l30 power adaptor to stay balanced.

Sounds great!

OP
K
Hmmm. Now its not working. Not even getting the 44.1 indicator. Strange. Also stopped working on the tablet. Might have to try some of the app solutions mentioned.

JimBobSound

Hmmm. Now its not working. Not even getting the 44.1 indicator. Strange. Also stopped working on the tablet. Might have to try some of the app solutions mentioned.
Have you managed to resolve this issue? I’m thinking of getting the E30 to use with my iPhone.

OP
K
Have you managed to resolve this issue? I’m thinking of getting the E30 to use with my iPhone.
It may be that the older version of the Apple camera adaptor was the issue. I’m getting the USB 3 version today. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Did you get it to work? I've recently added a Raspberry Pi into my set up, running Volumio. This might be worth considering. It allows you to run things independently from your phone but still control things easily.

To be honest I set it up because it interested me, but it does provide a greater flexibility than usb connection.

OP
K
Hasn't arrived yet. Itching to get it going.

Might look into the R Pi route. I like tinkering!

Sukie

Forum Donor
I agree. Extremely satisfying and, at times, frustrating. The R Pi was easy to set up, but my children now think that I've built a computer!

OP
K
Did you get it to work? I've recently added a Raspberry Pi into my set up, running Volumio. This might be worth considering. It allows you to run things independently from your phone but still control things easily.

To be honest I set it up because it interested me, but it does provide a greater flexibility than usb connection.
Got it but still not working. I suspect the dacs usb is dodgy. Not working with iphone, android connected with otg or directly connected to a laptop. Going to try the optical and coaxial today.

Sukie

Forum Donor
Good idea on other inputs. Have you tried linking the usb to a PC and seeing if the PC recognises it.

Tonyjspr9

I bought an Apple lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter from Amazon and it works great with both my E30's. I use the Amazon Music app on my phone and it at least displays its sending Ultra HD to the E30. The E30 diplays 192.0 at all times when my iphone XR is hooked up. I also hook the adapter to the phone first and than turn my system on and no problems. I did have to do an update to the USB3 adapter first thing before using.

Sukie

Forum Donor
It definitely sounds like a faulty item. I'd contact the seller and get a replacement, unless a more knowledgeable person on here has further suggestions.

SloPoke

Forum Donor
The Apple camera adapter, USB 3 to to lightning adapter worked for me. But, I have just received this $12.87 cable from Amazon (see post above) and its simpler and worked immediately with no issues.

I picked this one at random, there are others of its type and they could be better (or worse). This cable is easy to work with, it lays where you put it and appears to be well constructed.

Sukie

Forum Donor
The Apple camera adapter, USB 3 to to lightning adapter worked for me. But, I have just received this $12.87 cable from Amazon (see post above) and its simpler and worked immediately with no issues.

I picked this one at random, there are others of its type and they could be better (or worse). This cable is easy to work with, it lays where you put it and appears to be well constructed.
If the DAC isn't recognized by a PC via USB then I'm not convinced that it's an Apple cable problem. Sounds more fundamental than that.

Zman

I bought an Apple lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter from Amazon and it works great with both my E30's. I use the Amazon Music app on my phone and it at least displays its sending Ultra HD to the E30. The E30 diplays 192.0 at all times when my iphone XR is hooked up. I also hook the adapter to the phone first and than turn my system on and no problems. I did have to do an update to the USB3 adapter first thing before using.
Can you mirror (airplay) that hi-def signal to Apple TV?

Top Bottom