• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

iPad to Marantz SA-KI SACD/DAC.

Nutsfortubes

Ok what is needed to set up an IPad Mini 5th Gen to the USB DAC input of my SA-KI SACD’s DAC?
And will this work?
Also does anyone have knowledge about the HEOS app?

Thank you in advance.

OP
Nutsfortubes

Nutsfortubes

Gee thanks for all the replies I am overwhelmed I don’t know when I’ll have time to read them all. ;)

OP
Nutsfortubes

Nutsfortubes

Thanks for all your help I figure it out on my own. Have a good day!

Hamest

Thanks for all your help I figure it out on my own. Have a good day!
Hi,

Did you ever manage to come right?

I see they are using the lightning to USB adapter to connect to other DAC's, but can't find anything about the SA KI Ruby.

Tom C

Major Contributor
I see this thread had over 500 views. I think it likely that those who saw it just didn’t have anything useful to post. Maybe not that many people have SA-KI. Sorry you didn’t get more help.

Hamest

There were only 1000 SA Ki Ruby's manufactured. It did not come with iPod/iPhone/iPad compatibility like the SA-10.

I can confirm that using the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter connected to your iPhone or iPad with a USB2.0 A - USB2.0 B cable connected to the SA KI Ruby's USB DAC does work. The sample rate remains the same but the bit depth is set by whatever setting you have on your iPad/iPhone. I cannot decern even the smallest difference between 16/44.1 red book CD and 16/44.1 off Apple Music.

Top Bottom