• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Inside Your High-Res Music: The Lake Poets: Live at the Minster

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello everyone. As some of you may have seen, I have started a series on objectively (and subjectively a bit) reviewing high resolution downloads. My hope is to shine a spotlight to improve production of such music as to make sure it is superior to CD distribution.

The first part was a longer video and trial which you should review as I explain some of the basics: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...nside-your-high-res-music-testing-1-2-3.1992/

In this episode, I analyzed the album Live at the Minster by The Lake Poets. When I did the video, I didn't realize it was a free album so maybe I was too harsh on B&W :). Regardless, here is the video and it is another example of high-resolution audio not being what it should be from artifact and and noise point of view.

upload_2017-10-15_12-42-43.png

I can't find the above concert on Youtube but here is a sample from the Lake Poets:

BTW, I refined the voice recording since past video. Alas, the noise gate was too aggressive and is chopping off my voice prematurely at times. I will work on improving it in the future. Too lazy to re-do the video. :)

BTW, as I mention in the video, subjectively this is very well recorded and given the free cost, highly recommended!

As always feedback welcome.

Top Bottom